Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

I did mine this past weekend. It was pretty straight forward. The first side took about 2 hours. The pass. side took about 20 minutes. Why does it always happen that way? If you need to press the old ball joints out because they are still in tight enough to be pressed out you should be fine...
  2. J

I just got the ball joints...and tie rod ends while I'm In there. I'll borrow a ball joint press from autozone for the installation.
  3. J

That was a feeble attempt at a bad joke on the no English thing. Go America!:us: I got free shipping using Amazon prime, so I got about the same deal as rockauto. That is a good price though.
  4. J

Yeah I found just the ball joints on Amazon for $30/ea (moog's). I don't want to replace the whole UCA. I was wanting to look at the pics on the first page for reference. I did find a few pics in some of the other pages in this thread, just wanted to see the origionals.
  5. J

What happened to all the pictures? I have a shop trying to get me to replace the upper control arms, for $600, because the ball joints are worn out. I would like to see how this is done. I can't read or write English so the pictures would be a big help. Thanks for your help. It's...
  6. J

Multiple electrical problems...

If your battery is OEM then it's time to change it. 4-5 years is about the life of any battery. I "thought" my battery was just fine, too. Until my wife was stranded at work because it would not crank. (she was P____D) If you have changed it, check both connections...make sure to remove both...
  7. J

Just an update on this issue...I replaced the car's battery and eveything came back to life, except the tire pressure sensor fault. I must have a bad sensor, from what I've heard/read that's pretty common. Hope that helps someone in the future.
  8. J

My 2004 Explorer Limited is really falling apart. A couple of months ago or so the climate control would not come back on after starting. I can manually turn it on (without turning on lights, etc), but it comes on at 75, no matter what it was on at shut down. Then the tire pressure fault came up...
  9. J

Howdy

Hey ya'll. Noob here. looking for some help...how can the Dallas Stars beat the red wings
Back