Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

No mods yet

Whitefish, search the board for "gas mileage" many many threads. Here are a few that might give you some ideas: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78294&highlight=cargo+storage+box http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135836&highlight=cargo+storage+box...
  2. C

No mods yet

I'm sure you could make one but look around, I've seen some that were pretty reasonable. Another nice thing to have is a 6" PVC pipe with end caps to strap to the roof rack for your fishing poles. Do a search for your MPG. Besides regular maintainence and a gentle foot, maybe a K&N air filter...
  3. C

No mods yet

How about a cargo liner or a cargo carrier for your hitch?
  4. C

97 probe won't start. Need help!

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. C

I have tested the small wire on the soleniod again with a meter this time and when the key is turned to start I get 10 volts. Is the 2 volt drop enough to keep the starter from doing anything?
  6. C

No issues at all. When I put my test light on the small wire on the solenoid and had someone turn the key and it showed power, I thought I had found the problem (solenoid) BUT I took it and the starter to Autozone and they both tested fine.
  7. C

Car ran fine one day then the next morning, turn key and nothing. Lights and radio and all work when you turn the key but it doesn't even try to turn over. So far I checked all the fuses, the battery and the starter. Last check I put my test light on the solenoid and got power when the key was...
  8. C

Random Fouling on Cylinder #4

I do. It happened to mine. I didn't have any coolant in the crankcase or any oil in the coolant, no smoke of any kind from the exhaust. Every couple / few months for years, I would have to add a quart or two of coolant. Then it started to get a little more often. One day while changing plugs I...
  9. C

Random Fouling on Cylinder #4

Also could be a cracked head as they are known for that especially around #4.
  10. C

-Your Explorer-

1. 96 explorer 4.0 xlt, 4x4 2. 25,000 (DEC 95) 3. 0k 4. 297k
  11. C

had trans rebuilt, need some info please!

read this thread, It will tell you which tranny you have. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143826
  12. C

req materials for rear rotor change

Mike, read through this thread, it should help alot. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147823
  13. C

Dont EVER put LED's in behind Insturment cluster...

100% right on. I looked here: Dead Link Removed before I did mine the first time and it was an easy job.
  14. C

96 Xlt 4x4 Urgent Advice Needed!

Maybe someone else can confirm this but I believe I read on this form about some who have done it by removind the motor and tranny mounts and jacking up the engine. Even then tho, I think they had to cut the new gasket and use lots of silicon.
  15. C

Which tranny do I have?

Thanks for the link. I have codes 'T' and 'D4' so I have the T= (1996-2001) 4R55E and the D4= 3.73L.
  16. C

Which tranny do I have?

I should no this but I don't. I have a 96 xlt automatic controltrac 4.0L 4x4.
  17. C

few quick questions, putting tranny back in

I've never done this but I hope this helps: Transmission -- 4x4 1. Position the torque converter to the transmission. Align the converter to the front pump by rotating and pushing it inward until full engagement is made. Lightly lubricate the torque converter pilot hub using Ford...
  18. C

replacing the radiator

I replaced mine a couple years ago and had no trouble. Just found the cheapest price I could online, ordered it and it fit like a glove.
  19. C

broken flex plate , twice ????

Just replaced mine for the second time in three months! Third time over all. I wish I knew the cause! Dealer doesn't know either.
  20. C

How to contact ford corporate?

I thought I did too, but I can't come up with the right search parameters.
  21. C

How to contact ford corporate?

Does anyone have a link or number to contact Ford HQ so that I may make a complaint against a dealership and seek resolution?
  22. C

water pump or faulty tstat..??

Just pay attention when you take the old one out and look at the new one, it should have a hole or a stamp on it that needs to go against the engine or to the top. Whatever the package from the new one says. It was a nine point, 155lbs dressed. Pretty good for here.
  23. C

water pump or faulty tstat..??

I'm no expert. But a tstat is only a few bucks and easy to change. With no leaks or coolant loss you have to first look at the tstat and second, the water pump.
Back