Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Driver door lock won't work

Base doesn't have the secure code. Also, no key hole on the passenger side (again, base model). I didn't buy an extended service plan. It just hit 4 years old last week.
  2. L

Driver door lock won't work

I have a 2012 base explorer. Just wondering if anyone has been unable to put the key in the door and turn it to unlock (manually). The key goes in completely fine but won't turn either way. I've tried various lubricants but no luck. I'd hate to be stuck with a dead battery and not able to get...
  3. L

Anybody with exhaust on the 3.5L non-ecoboost...

I have the magnaflow and have no drone. Love it!!!!
  4. L

XLT Passenger seat Height adjustment?

Yes, it's a base. What about longer seat bolts with spacers? If threaded into the holes to the same depth as they are currently, the safety shouldn't be compromised?? Thoughts?
  5. L

XLT Passenger seat Height adjustment?

Anyone ever try to fix this issue? My wife says he same thing.
  6. L

Hood Struts ??

Redline doesn't make them yet.....just spoke to them and they said they are working on something :) fingers crossed
  7. L

Creaking Noise When Steering

sure did....for now :)
  8. L

You need your clock spring in the steering column replaced. Had mine done about 2 months ago. Noticed mainly when colder. Sounds like a mild creaking noise. The mechanic came out, took one listen and said it instantly. Hope his helps.
  9. L

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

I've had my cai and magnaflow on for almost 5 months with no issues. I'm assuming a tune would simply maximize these mods. Drivability has not changed at all. Dealer knows it's been done too!
  10. L

My 2nd n 3rd row interior led idea

Knowing that they are a circuit board, and the work that some have gone to (scraping off the white part, connecting an led bulb, making sure the metal tabs are down, etc), i thought i would try something different. I simply used a piece of light blue tissue paper, folded to give a 2-ply, and put...
  11. L

I was able to duplicate it to a mechanic at ford. He immediately said "clock spring". A new one has been ordered and it is to be replaced within a week.
  12. L

Researching it online seems to come up with possibly the clock spring in the steering column. Mine has not done it for the past couple days, but I guess I'll keep an eye on it.
  13. L

Yup. They asid they couldn't duplicate it. I'm wondering if because they had it inside for a bit doing other service for me, it warmed up enough. Not sure if extreme cold temps could cause this. Temps have been approx. 0-10 F the last 5 days (well below freezing).
  14. L

Anyone experience a slight crekaing noise in their steering column. It's been extremely cold this week, so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Basically, if i'm turning the wheel, I hear a quick "creak" that only lasts for about 5-10% of one full rotation of the steering wheel. Sounds...
  15. L

Any way to adjust aim of fog lights?

I believe h9 are the wrong bulbs for one thing....I think they should be h11. The sit in the plastic housing so I don't think they can be adjusted....could be wrong though. Good luck!
  16. L

Peterk9 the mayor of ford explorer site !!!

And he's Canadian!!!:D:can: Happy Holidays once again!!
  17. L

Will adding magnaflow cause problems?

Just wondering if installing a manga flow catback would cause any adverse effects to an explorer? Wondering about engine or transmission problems? Any input would help. Thanks!!
  18. L

Groupbuy: Magnaflow Catback (Part No. 15467) for 2011 & 2012 Explorer 3.5 V6

Interesting, I love mine.....been on for about 2 weeks already and I don't even notice any drone....just a nice "throatier" tone. I also have the k&N CAI and that makes more noise than the exhaust.
  19. L

Red Brake Pads?

I left everything connected and took my time...just be careful. Mine turned out great, and with the edge 22" sport wheels, they get a lot of looks!
  20. L

Red Brake Pads?

I pulled off 1 wheel at a time and painted mine. Took about 1.5 hours total to do 2 coats. Cost about $10 plus my time. You can use a rust paint or spend a little more for actual caliper paint...variety of colors. Sorry no pics but it's an easy job on a weekend or early evening. Hope this helps.
  21. L

Fog Light Question

Really? O.K., I'm going to re-think this then. My old explorer (2006) had fogs and it made a very nice difference!
  22. L

Fog Light Question

Good idea but I'm looking for functionality as well
  23. L

Dealer not dealing ...

Work out the price of the new vehicle....say you "doubt you're trading anything". Then come back with the trade.
  24. L

Fog Light Question

I know there a couple posts about adding fog lights to a base explorer, but I think I'm missing 1 thing....in addition to getting two fog light assemblies (4f9z15200-aa), the wiring x2 (????-15a211-??), and the switch (already have), would I also need to get the brackets? If so, what part...
Back