Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Reverse lights not working

2005 V8 4x4 reverse lights not working. Is the switch inside the neutral safety switch or is it a separate switch? Asking so I know where to start tracing wires. Thanks
  2. L

p0442 problem

I actually bought a smoke tester online and tried to find the leak, but I think it was too breezy that day, couldn't see any smoke coming out anywhere. I opened the gas cap to make sure the smoke was getting back there. Do you know the best place to hook it into? I took off the hose that feeds...
  3. L

p0442 problem

I have a 2005 4.6 4x4 with a continuing evap problem. It started a week before the state inspection (NY) was due. First I replaced the gas cap with new proper one. Reset computer and waited almost 2 weeks for the computer to cycle. Same code. Next replaced the Purge valve, cleared the code and...
  4. L

Drivers seat frame mount cover

Anyone have a parchment color plastic drivers seat frame to floor mount cover for a 2005 Exp? can't find it in parts list, so don't know what to call it, but it's the one you see when you open the drivers door. mine was missing when i bought it last year. Thanks. I'll get a pic in a little bit.
  5. L

Column shifter rubber boot replacement

here are a few photos of the O/D button wire connector on my 2005 and the shift lever pin. Changed it out yesterday in about 20-25 minutes.
  6. L

shift cable adjustment

The guy I bought my 05 Explorer 4.6 4x4 EB from replaced the shift cable. it starts in park about 75% of the time. the other times you need to move the selector to neutral and then hard into park and it will start. I got underneath today and the neutral safety switch is aligned correctly. I had...
  7. L

Door locks stopped working

i just fixed this on mine. the door lock switch wasn't working, the mirror control was not working right, door ajar light was on. decided after watching the video to look for a broken ground wire in the door harness. and I found it. a small piece of electrical wire, some crimps and some heat...
  8. L

bought a 2005 exp EB 4.6 4x4

that's what i thought it sounded like. do aftermarket fans reduce the noise?
  9. L

Bought a can of throttle body cleaner, took it apart, cleaned a lot of yuk out of there, reassembled, test drive. 100% better. Thanks!
  10. L

I need a little input from the people that know. I replaced my 99 exp 4x4 4.0 with a 2005 4.6 4x4. Do the v-8s tend to 'roar' as they accelerate? It also lunges from a stop when you press on the gas pedal. Would that be a problem with the pedal position sensor or is this tranny related? it runs...
  11. L

concerns

I am looking for a later model explorer to replace my 1999 4.0 4x4 xlt with 220,000 miles. the timing chain adjuster is going (death rattle). my question is , i am looking at 2003-2008 (or later, but trying to keep the cost below 5,000) with around 100,000 miles. what should i be concerned with...
  12. L

Explorer rear wiper is inoperative.

Wow! my wiper hasn't worked for a few years and I was going to replace the motor soon. I had read other posts about water getting into the motor and shorting it out, so that's what I assumed mine was. Just read a few posts on here, (yours being the last) went outside, checked ALL the fuses (all...
  13. L

1999 Ex. Pan above spare tire

So, it would be the evap canister mounting pan that I would be looking for?:biggthump
  14. L

1999 Ex. Pan above spare tire

I was wondering what is mounted above the spare tire on the stamped sheet metal pan above the spare tire. That 'pan' is severely rusted (apparently the only thing on the truck that is rusted). what is this part called? Is it the same part for different years (if I look in the junk yard)? Thanks...
Back