Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Need Exhaust Options

That’s what I’m going with.
  2. S

Need Exhaust Options

Since I live at the coast, stainless is a must.
  3. S

Need Exhaust Options

I installed a K&N cold air intake on my V8 4X4 XLT and it’s great but with the stock exhaust the CAI roars like a wounded water buffalo. It’s clear that I need a healthier sounding exhaust. I want it to sound deeper and throatier but not loud and obnoxious. Keeping the single exhaust system...
  4. S

Tuner for 2008 V8?

He recommended the SCT X4. Have any of you tried that and if so, what performance improvement can I expect?
  5. S

Tuner for 2008 V8?

Does anyone know any company that sells a computer tuner for a 2008 XLT V8 4X4 sport Trac?
  6. S

Fun with Sport Trac dash cluster

Has the compass ever worked or did it recently stop?
  7. S

Under seat storage bins?

I posted that 3 years ago and found nothing. Sorry
  8. S

K&N Intake for 4.6L?

If you are going to install and K&N CAI system, be sure to look into a good performance exhaust system. The intake moans so much that you probably will be disapointed with it, but with a good exhaust system, it will not be noticed. At least that was my experience.
  9. S

Don't forget to RESET your OIL LIFE!

My indicator just changed to Oil Change needed status a few weeks ago and I just kept resetting it since the actual miles between changes showed it wasn't actually due and I noticed it seemed sluggish over tha last few weeks and i reset mine to 100% today after reading this thread. Lo and...
  10. S

Fun with Sport Trac dash cluster

I'm going to give it a try also. Cool stuff
  11. S

LED lights question

Anyone converted any of their rear lights or turn signals to LED bulbs? If so, did it require any modding or is that a simple bulb replacement?
  12. S

Time to replace my tires

Time to replace the original tires on my 2008 ST XLT V8 4X4. It has the Goodyear Forteras on it. They were good tires for what I used it for. No off roading or rough terrain use for my daily driver. should I buy more Goodyears or something else that will ride better and get more mileage? What's...
  13. S

Intake cover question

I'm looking forward to an update when you add those covers. I agree that a nice cover should have been offered to dress up the engine compartment.
  14. S

Intake cover question

How difficult was it to install and what mods did it require?
  15. S

Fresh Mods to my '08 Sport Trac

I believe 77-2573KP is the one I used. I don't know that it gives it much more power. It certainly looks cool under the hood. One thing to think about. If you don't change your exhaust to something more aggressive, the CAI makes your V8 sound like a wounded water buffalo when you give it the gas.
  16. S

Mirror Mounted Electronics

Compass/thermometer?
  17. S

Intake cover question

There are several different model/colors of those intake covers. I was hoping someone on here had tried it by now.
  18. S

Intake cover question

Could one of these be modded to fit under the hood of a 2008 ST 4.6 V8? Anyone tried it? http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/CPC-050447/2005-10-Mustang-46L-Intake-Cover
  19. S

Rear window vent shade?

Does any company make a vent shade that will fit over the rear window of an '08 ST similiar to the ones that go over the door windows?
  20. S

I know quite a few people that have off-road H pipes for their Mustangs and they remove the cats after inspection and swap them back when the yearly inspection is due. I guess it's worth it to them to hear that extra rumble. LOL
  21. S

Emissions tests are required yearly for inspection and registration here in NC also on all newer vehicles. (late 90's +).
  22. S

Do you get a loud droning sound inside? Also, if you get an opportunity, make a video from the outside as it takes off.
  23. S

Who's a good tuner for the STA?

My ST is a 2008 XLT 4X4 V8. How do I find out which tranny is in it? I have never tired to change the tuning on one of my rides before. How difficult is it and what do you guys do when warranty service is needed?
  24. S

Sport Trac Accessories Thread

I like that.. Do you have a link to Mr. Hoodscoop?
Back