Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

I can see the rear axle hopping like mad when you cut loose on the pavement...along with mucho tire smoke...may even see some air under the front tires with that short wheelbase and slicks...
  2. S

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

Awesome clip Bro...you da man...Excellent job and write up. Now hurry up with some action footage... ;)
  3. S

New Romanian 4x4

Yeah that would be pretty sweet...We need more 2 dr. SUVs. Tired of seeing all these 4wd station wagons myself...
  4. S

New Romanian 4x4

Early Bronco...this could be the one guys...Wouldn't take much to make it happen...this could be Ford's chance to make a real Jeep eater...
  5. S

New Romanian 4x4

I can't believe you guys can't see what I see in this truck. Remove two doors and two headlights and you have almost a modern day EB...WAKE UP FORD...
  6. S

1991-1994

I'll probably just keep the auto hubs and pushbutton T-case if possible. They've been pretty reliable so far as I don't wheel much anyway. Can you give me some keywords to speed up my search? Thanks...
  7. S

1991-1994

I had a '99 Sport 4x4 which I really liked. I had to get rid of it due to financial reasons. Now I'm the PROUD owner of a '92 Sport 4x4. Got it for $3,000 with 71K ORIGINAL miles on it. It runs like a top and I love it. Even more than the '99. I have one burning question though. One day I'd...
  8. S

Swap in a digital cluster?

If I'm not mistaken my Dad's Eddie Bauer Aerostar has the full digital instruments. My sister has the van now and I'll try to check into it for you guys. It's an interesting mod to make and I'd like to see some conversions myself...
  9. S

Heater fan

Can someone tell me where this is located?
  10. S

Heater fan

I'm thinking that may be it TP because the knob seems to work fine it just works on high. I'll check it out. Thanks a lot guys I'll let you know how it turns out...
  11. S

Heater fan

The heater fan on my '92 Sport recently stopped blowing on any speed but high. I was told it was the knob itself but I'm not so sure. Any ideas? Thanks...
  12. S

Wheel studs?

Well me and my bud pulled the wheel off and checked behind the brake drum for clearence. It looks like they will squeeze in. I can't do a axle job just yet because they cash isn't flowing anymore until the end of the month. The holidays took care of any spare funds if you know what I mean.
  13. S

Wheel studs?

This weekend as I was going down the road I heard what sounded like rocks in my passenger rear wheel. When I stopped and removed the center cap 3 (yes 3) lugnuts had broken off. Evidently the lugs loosened causing this. My question is, do the axles have to be pulled to replace these or will they...
  14. S

Front end noise?

I'd be more accepting the fact the pads might be shot if it did it all the time, it seems to do it more when it's warm I dunno...
  15. S

Front end noise?

My 92 Sport 4x4 is making a weird noise in the front end. It's like a combination squeak/scrape. It doesn't do it all the time and the more I drive it goes away. It sounds like a bad bushing somewhere but I'm not sure. The truck seems to drive fine other than that. Next month I'm getting new...
  16. S

All New 2006 Sport Trac!

It looks better than that God Awful Avalanche. Plus it's a Honda, they'll sell a ton of them...
  17. S

CD player

I really wanted the CD player because I'm gonna run my XM radio through the head unit and just want to be able to play an occasional CD. But the offer is much appreciated though...
  18. S

CD player

I bought a '92 Sport with no stereo. Was a CD player an option in this truck? If so does anyone know where I can get one from? I'd like the factory unit...
  19. S

Advance Adapters 700R4 Conversion Parts Available NOW!!!

I'm just about sold on this conversion myself. I have a few questions. Will the Bowtie Overdrives Level1 700r4 be sufficient with a stock 4.0? With the adapter will it be a simple bolt in? In the future I may lift my sport 4 inches and run 31in. all terrains. Can I use my factory column shifter...
  20. S

'92 Sport

I meant another PS pump. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I do a lot on here half asleep and it comes out unclear sometimes. I may wait until I can do the 700R4 conversion before I do the lift/tire thing. Do you know of any resource I can check on here that would list shops that can do this...
  21. S

'92 Sport

So you're saying if it has a factory cooler that it's sufficient? I'm going to put another pump and probably lines as well. The reason I'm considering the manual conversion is I'm trying to make this truck as reliable as I can. The auto hubs are convenient though. As far as I can tell the truck...
  22. S

'92 Sport

In about a month I'll be getting a '92 Sport 4x4. It has the A4LD pushbutton 4wd in it. I drove it and checked it out pretty good. The only problem areas I noticed was a leaking PS pump and it needs a front end alignment. When I get it I'm going to have the transmission flushed. I'm not going to...
  23. S

Sport Questions

I might be purchasing a '92 Explorer Sport. It's a blue 4wd Automatic. Pushbutton transfer case w/ auto hubs. It's seems to be in pretty good shape visually. Can anyone give me any info on trouble spots or anything I need to check out good before I decide to get this truck? It looks bone stock...
  24. S

BII Stereo

Ok Bro, I'll check into that. Thanks much...
Back