Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

What A/C pressures?

i doubt an o-ring split, since it was working fine like 3 weeks ago, i think there is a leak, i had to tighten up a fitting on the compressor and I think maybe some oxygen got in. BTW, i dont ever plan on retrofitting it cause i have about 40lbs of R12 stockpiled from before it was illegal :)
  2. K

What A/C pressures?

Hey guys, I am having some problems with my 92 Navajo's A/C system(still R12). Right now it is blowing hot air and I have recharged it with more R12. My question is does anyone know what pressures the low and high side need to be at (perhaps found in a FSM?). That, and if there is air in the...
  3. K

Kicker L7s and JL Audio 500.1

go for a JBL BP1200.1
  4. K

Remote Turn on Necessary?

I should have said that I plan on installing a JBL BP600.1 for a subwoofer. My real question is, on the factory harness, does the factory amp need a remote turn on lead from the harness or does it get the power elsewhere because I find it strange for a factory headunit to have a remote turn on lead.
  5. K

Remote Turn on Necessary?

Ok, I am in the process of installing a JVC head unit into the 94 X (has premium audio) but plan on buying an amp-bypass harness. The car already had an aftermarket stereo with the correct adapter so I just cut it from the old HU and wanted to solder it onto the new harness. The problem is, from...
  6. K

BAZOOKA 5X7

yeah, bazooka makes pretty much everything now. i actually like bazooka subs (the raw subs, not tubes) but I probably wouldn't buy their speakers. their amps are also quite good (very cheap on ebay) but their speakers i would be wary of......
  7. K

Bang for the buck

I personally HATE audiobahn but everyone has an opinion. I say elemental designs K series. They are dirt cheap and are unbelievable!!!! www.edesignaudio.com
  8. K

What subs with a budget?

Please! Anyone!
  9. K

Quadrasub 20,000 WATTS!! Has anyone seen this?

No, I don't think the square sub is patented by kicker cause doesn't Hart have a square sub?
  10. K

Quadrasub 20,000 WATTS!! Has anyone seen this?

I would rather have the kicker SoloX. It may not handle as much power, but its only about 600 on eBay, and they made it so if you blow it, its a quick replacement, you don't even have to take the sub out, just cone, and magnet. Geared toward sound competitions so it won't take much time to...
  11. K

What subs with a budget?

Ok, but even though the O series is geared more towards SQ, wouldn't it still be a little louder than the K? I am just used to the saying in car audio "you get what you pay for" I'm not used to having a sub $200 subwoofer being better than another that costs almost twice as much.
  12. K

What subs with a budget?

Ok I believe I have decided between 3 different subs. I want more SPL than SQ, but don't want it to sound like crap. Anyway, I think I want either 2 12" Adire Audio Shivas, or 2 12" elemental designs K seres, or 1 elemental designs 12" A series. Are the K's have much less SPL than the A's for...
  13. K

What subs with a budget?

I know much is biased, but I know I don't want any audiobahn. My friend has a 15 Flame Q and I thought it sounded like sh*t. He had about 8-900 watts running to it and it sucked. Type R's are cheap enough and it seems like they are capable of handling more power than they are rated at. I've been...
  14. K

What do you suggest?

Any comments on the Type R's? Theres a guy on ebay who is selling a single 12" Type R in a nice looking tube plexiglass ported enclosure and its pretty cheap. Here are some links at what I'm looking at: Type R - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3031368955&category=32823...
  15. K

What do you suggest?

Ok, I am looking for a decent cheap sub for around 250. I am looking at a couple and I want SPL mostly, I like SQ, but SPL is what I want. I could take one sub or a pair, depending on price. I was looking at maybe 1 solobaric S12L7, elemental design O series, adire audio shivas, Alpine Type R's...
  16. K

What subs with a budget?

Yeah, I know about Adire Audio and their quality and was also considering maybe 1 12in Brahma? I think that would be pretty good, they're really cheap for the quality of the thing.
  17. K

What subs with a budget?

I know this is asked all the time, but I have to know. I have about $350-$400 price range for the subs themselves. The amp is already taken care of. I am leaning towards the Kicker S12L7. I would like a pair of subs but wouldn't object if you suggested 1 or 3 or whatever. I would like SPL but...
  18. K

PA system and cool horn

I put my speaker in my front grill. My PA has some probs though, anyone have an old one with PA out they could sell?
  19. K

Question about infinity 5752cf speakers

I have those same speakers, they are great in quality!!! I got rid of the X a while ago and got a Taurus (yeah, I know......) and they have a rear deck underneath the glass where the speakers go. Well, after having them in there for about 3 months, I went to pull them out and found on one of...
  20. K

What is the best subwoofer?

Those x..'s are plain crazy!!!
  21. K

Amp keeps blowing fuses

Ok, this same setup worked before but now all my amp does is blow fuses. First, its just a puny 100 generic amp and I have it running off the power seat wires (its in a taurus and it has power seat wire running to the passenger seat, but its no a power seat) and the amp just hooks up to a PA...
  22. K

Solved All Car Audio Manufacturers, their URLs, and Links to Specs

Well I thought I might add: Bazooka www.bazooka.com Hope this helps!
  23. K

puttin in 4 12's

Actually what he has aren't Bazooka tubes, they are real subs. I have 2 of the same and believe me, you would be quite surprised how hard they hit! It may not be anything special but I would say they are on par with RF HE's if not the HE2's.
  24. K

Check out my Stereo

Hi, as a matter of fact I live in the Kansas City, Kansas area. I live in Overland Park and am interested in yoru system. Could you tell me any prices on the amp and subs? Thanks!
Back