Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Gas mileage.

bump :us:
  2. B

transfer case making wierd sounds

it could be...i know nothing about 4wd cars so what/where exactly is the u joint?...bump
  3. B

Gas mileage.

do you use cleaner that comes from like autozone or do you use a professional cleaner
  4. B

Gas mileage.

i also wanna run a fuel cleaner and what not, plus a kkm induction kit and new plugs and wires
  5. B

Gas mileage.

ok. but you also dont have tall gears so that makes a difference and you also have a manual! i have tall gears and auto so its polar opposites in that sense
  6. B

transfer case making wierd sounds

when it was icy and snowy recently i had it in 4x4 and it sounded fine until i started slowing down and it sounded like somebody was underneath my car with a hammer and beating on my transfer case. it only did it when i was slowing to a stop. it quit after a lil but it still worries me! what do...
  7. B

Transfer case making weird sounds

when it was icy and snowy recently i had it in 4x4 and it sounded fine until i started slowing down and it sounded like somebody was underneath my car with a hammer and beating on my transfer case. it only did it when i was slowing to a stop. it quit after a lil but it still worries me! what do...
  8. B

Gas mileage.

sorry read your post wrong missed the stock part of it! disregard the last post! would adding something like z-max improve gas milage?
  9. B

Gas mileage.

im a bit new to this so tall gears means what exactly. and stocks are 4.10 am i right? i have a feeling im wrong. and mine runs about 1500 as well at 55 and around 2300-2500 running 70-75.
  10. B

Gas mileage.

nope i have stock gears and an auto so...im a bit heavy on th gas too. will it get better in the summer/warmer weather?
  11. B

Gas mileage.

im suspecting that in the winter you get worse gas mileage? cause im getting about 14 mixed driving! i thought i would get better gas mileage but clearly im not!
  12. B

Gas mileage.

yeah mines the same as yours but with out the t-stat. mine has plenty of get-up-and-go and gets up to 60 well enough. so...yeah im pretty sure i would have that checked out!!
  13. B

Gas mileage.

whose? mine?
  14. B

Gas mileage.

wow thats horrible is it stock or what??
  15. B

stock wheel size

sorry i meant 15x7 i have typos alot
  16. B

stock wheel size

WOW!! i have tons of questions...anyway. is the stock wheel size for a 1994 Ex. XLT 15x4 with 5 on 4.5 lug pattern and 225/70-15 tires??
  17. B

Gas mileage.

i figured up about 18 as what i get! so i think im doing pretty good.
  18. B

grill holes/lights

kk i have my location now i just never got around to putting it there.
  19. B

grill holes/lights

i have measured and they are 2x8 and i cant find a light that is smaller 2in. so i need to know what lights will fit!
  20. B

i have two questions

what is ci. of a 4.0L engine and the stock green explorers (like mine) what duplicolor color is that??
  21. B

grill holes/lights

the holes boxed in red are the holes im talking about and i need to know how to mount driving lights and what driving lights will fit with out modifying besides cutting off the little center piece?
  22. B

Gas mileage.

LOLZ! i tend to have a lead foot too and mines a 4x4 so...yeah i drive mixed on daily commute. how much will a 2.5" exhaust plus flowmaster and a k&n boost mpg????
  23. B

exhaust piping

how much does it cost to upgrade 2.50" exhaust piping in a 1994 explorer :exp:
  24. B

Gas mileage.

what kind of gas milage to you get on your 1st gen STOCK explorer? :thumbsup: :thumbdwn:
Back