Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Almost complete restoration 2001 xls

Bummer, so the custom pistons didn´t arrived on time, and it might be a few more days to get the truck back. Mechanic told me to give him a call on monday, as they are supposed to arrive early that same day and he might finish getting averything together tuesday morning. With pandemic, war and...
  2. C

Thanks to you both, I've never had oil tested, I might have to do some research and look up an oil lab in my city, I've never heard of one around here.
  3. C

I might get the truck back on Monday, and then I'll post several pics. Yeah, the trans shop really took responsability and did a good job. For the mileage and age the truck looks pretty good, and I really enjoy driving it.
  4. C

The real problem has been the clockspring.
  5. C

Found new reinforced hinges with all the hardware in Amazon Mexico for about 50 and a new generic wiper motor for 60,i might order them next year. I know back wiper design shucks in these, but for 60 bucks I might give it a go.
  6. C

So far the expenses are adding up, but it hasn't been too bad. Wheels and shocks I feel like are out of the budget of the rehauling, cause even if I didn't need the engine fixed, I would've need to install them. I'm gonna try and list the expenses in dollars. About a year ago trans...
  7. C

Yeah, I feel that this 2001 is gonna be with me until it pretty much desintegrates or get hit by a meteor or something. Here in Mexico it's not that expensive to fix a car as it is in the states, but in contrast, buying used cars is quite more expensive
  8. C

If I'm using full synthetic I go about 3000 miles. If I use semi or other because of a hurry, that's when I go about 1800 miles, but right now with the new components I'm thinking about always going full synthetic regardless of the hurry I'm in, and maybe shortening the mileage to like 2,500 or...
  9. C

I'd say quite past that point ha ha, but when even the car wash guys ask if I'm willing to sell it, and everyone in the family compliments my truck and it's looks and function, it's nice. I had hoped to be able to get a new limited explorer in white, and keep the old one and have both in my...
  10. C

I do things just like that, maybe every now and then semi synthetic oil, but I don't run it for more than 3k km. I push it a bit some times, but mostly with one or two passengers, I never tow, never push it to much, never real hardcore off roading. This time I'm gonna go with shorter intervals...
  11. C

Yeah, I can live without any modern tech in the car, since my first car had mechanical steering, manual everything, and no passenger side mirror and two wiper speeds (slow and slower), a carburatornwith a choker and am radio. But I won't say I don't enjoy the few things in my newest car (hrv)...
  12. C

Hope it lasts a lot more. I'm sure mine went out because of some neglect from my uncle the first years he had the truck.
  13. C

Thanks. I've learnt that preventive care is better, safer and cheaper, so I try and look out for initial simptoms when a problem is starting or try and take the truck to the shop when any code comes up. My mechanic is really understanding and some times he would even diagnose or do small fixes...
  14. C

Of course, something just like that will be the objective when the time comes, although since the first engine, timing, trans and paint lasted for 22 years or so, who knows when that will be ha ha!
  15. C

The michelín xlt force are supposed to be the equivalent of bf Goodrich a/t tires (thay are basically the same company and Michelin is supposedly better), I saw some comparative tests even in mining companies which are supposed to be some of the harshest terrains and conditions and they came out...
  16. C

Looks great and really fun. I doubt I'll ever go that route with the truck, since those kind of parts and good 4x4 shops are a rare find where I live and I have no way of doing this at home. Maybe one day if all the mechanics in the engine and trans are far beyond recovery, I'll get another...
  17. C

thanks, mine will never be a 4x4 capable monster as it never had that from the dealer, but I think this is still a pretty capable truck , and for light camping, and a few unpaved and dirt roads every now and then it works great. 85% of its life it has been city driving
  18. C

I noticed several spelling mistakes with a letter missing or mistaken here and there, sorry for that, I´m posting from a new tablet and haven´t practiced enough in this mini keyboard.
  19. C

Hello everybody, haven´t posted in a long time. life has changed a lot for me, got married a few years ago, finished my medical specialty studies (residence in orthopedic surgery), bought a few used cars to keep up with daily driving, wife, etc (crv, rav 4, hrv), but never got rid of the...
  20. C

is there an independent ecu for transmission control?

Well my x has transmission problems, they are being addressed as part of a previously done repair without any cost, but my mechanic has already replaced everything, even the housing, and the next culprit is supposed to e the ECU, I'm supposed to go today to the shop, so that he can check the...
  21. C

2nd gen headlights

Thanks a lot!! I've checked the pm and I just think the shipping cost alone is gonna force me to get some oem generic headlights.thank you for real, I've enjoyed your posts and fabrication skills for about eight years!!
  22. C

2nd gen headlights

Thanks a lot for stepping in, great, pm will be sent
  23. C

1995-2001 Ford Explorer Headlight and Corner Light Kit

Thank you very much!!
  24. C

2nd gen headlights

I might be interested, mine are the original ones from the dealership and I've polished and sealed them a couple of times, and I think that was It for them. Are they a bit yellowed by the sun or are they just dirty? How much shipped to Guadalajara, Mexico?
  25. C

1995-2001 Ford Explorer Headlight and Corner Light Kit

I was wondering if you could only sell the headlights without the corners, as my headlights are completely done, but my corners are perfect, and also if you could ship to Guadalajara, Mexico? And also the price. Thanks in advance !!
Back