2020 Explorer | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I figured that would be the case. I’m definitely interested to see what that powertrain is capable of. The only reason I would think a V-8 instead is for a lesser cost and reliability.

It isnt a cheaper cost.. the engine is there already, the transmission is basically universal across the line as the electrification system is built into the trans as one unit. They can basically throw it on the engine and adapt it across the line.

Does anyone know if we can or where we can Live Stream the Explorer Event tomorrow night from Ford Field?

Does anyone know if we can or where we can Live Stream the Explorer Event tomorrow night from Ford Field?

I was coming here to ask this! I haven’t been able to find any links yet.

Well, that was a bit of a letdown, to say the least.

I wanted to see the SUV not hear a politically correct discussion on family life.

Somebody tell Jim Farley to have a party and invite his pants down, they were a good 4-5" off the floor.

No Explorer ST either.

I wanted to see the SUV not hear a politically correct discussion on family life.

Somebody tell Jim Farley to have a party and invite his pants down, they were a good 4-5" off the floor.

No Explorer ST either.
Press kit lists both a limited hybrid and an ST variant, just no details on them. Disappointed with only 5600 lbs on tow capacity, was hoping it would be around 7000 lbs. No numbers yet on the Aviator.

Ford has released full photos and colors of the 2020. They kept the Magnetic Gray.

Really nice. I just don't like that the towing hitch is exposed no cover. i guess they will cover it on the 2021. It also has a look like iPad optional standard on the Platinum. Go to Ford.com Future Vehicles.

No Explorer ST either.

It sounds like you just want things to complain about. This event was never meant to show off everything considering the NAIAS starts on Monday..

Not a fan of the slapped on tablet look for the infotainment system. Overall looks pretty nice though.

Not a fan of the slapped on tablet look for the infotainment system. Overall looks pretty nice though.
I guess its like everything else it takes time to accept it...

I guess its like everything else it takes time to accept it...

Very true. And it's possible in person it'll look better. I think it would of looked better built into the dash. Like how the new Dodge ram has it. This is just very honda/Toyotaish to me.

Very true. And it's possible in person it'll look better. I think it would of looked better built into the dash. Like how the new Dodge ram has it. This is just very honda/Toyotaish to me.
I my self not crazy about it. Like you say in person may look better. I'll see it in the NY Auto show in March. I'm also leaning towards the Lincoln Aviator.

I would of liked for them to of brought back the 4x4 platform instead of a all wheel drive. But rear wheel drive along with the engine being in the correct direction is a start. It also could just be me but I don't like the dial for the transmission gear selector either. But then I am a old fart that likes old school.

I would of liked for them to of brought back the 4x4 platform instead of a all wheel drive. But rear wheel drive along with the engine being in the correct direction is a start. It also could just be me but I don't like the dial for the transmission gear selector either. But then I am a old fart that likes old school.
No, you are not an old fart. I presently have a loaner from Ford and they gave me a Fusion and it has the Knob and boy does it takes getting used to it. Again it's like everything else it takes time to get used to it.

I gotta be honest, what is the real improvement and desire to have rwd as opposed to fwd platform? I mean, what little understanding I do have is that in sport cars, rwd offers better handling and puts the power to the ground better, but in an SUV, what does it matter? My explorer now drives really nice to me. Drives nowhere near like the size that it is. If most of us get the awd anyway, and with the advance awd system, every time you take off or step on it, all 4 wheels send power to the ground, what difference is rwd going to make? The current gen goes into fwd once you're cruising anyway when performance isn't as important.

It sounds like you just want things to complain about. This event was never meant to show off everything considering the NAIAS starts on Monday..

Your probably right, thanks tips!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder and hope the ST will have more than 365 hp 380 tq. I also wonder if the 3.0 EB will
make it's way to the Ranger.

Back