bagged sport trac | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bagged sport trac

Robb
Your right. I am wrong, have had PMs from other members to back off when dealing with you, a Mod, thus, I am ignorant, I know nothing, please forgive me, have a nice day

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL this thread is funny. Battle of the egos. NOBODY IS AN EXPERT.

Yes STs and 2nd gen Explorers have identical suspensions. There is no difference. Many people say that the ride after a TT isn't bad, but they say this right after doing it. It wears on you. If you search, I said in many threads that the ride isn't bad. But it gets worse. Mine is bearable, but it's definately worse than stock. And yes I HAVE a lowered Explorer and it's been lowered for a year and a half so I know.

Robb, not to engage in another "pissing contest" with you, but I believe that CoryL did 90% of the work on your truck. Perhaps you forgot that fact? Or am I wrong?

Nice to have others do the actual work, they have a real understanding of the geometry, whats entailed, how it all works, but of course the end all be all pros are the ones that cut the check, turn the key, drive the rig that others have built
Yo Robb, always remember, Righty tighty, lefty loosey
Have a nice day

I am pretty sure that Robb has re-worked a lot of the things that were done on that truck to his liking but I could be wrong.

Actaully Robb, is redoing alot of the work on his SFA Explorer, Cory did the first go around, but Robb is re doign it to be beefier and perform better. His plans have been put on hold right now as His wife is Pregenant, and a Baby im sure matters alot more than an Explorer..

Don't worry about defending me guys, I am just a check writer. spindlecone is the official ST expert here. Although I have asked the same question in 3 posts, with no reply from the master. I will stand by the fact that the ST and the Ex are identical suspension wise, until someone has the balls to prove otherwise. The whole point of this confrontation was that only a ST guy knows how a ST works, which is complete bullshit. The ST is an Ex with a small bed on the back.

And spindlecone, if you bring up another "righty tighty, lefty loosey" comment towards me, or anyone else here, in the future.............I will do everything that I am capable of to have your weak ass removed from this forum faster than you can say sport trac, just like you were from myst. That is a personal attack, and I will fight to ban you for it like no one else's business.

This has turned into is the no slip locker actually a locker :rolleyes: and guess who was behind that one?

Hartman said:
Robb, not to engage in another "pissing contest" with you, but I believe that CoryL did 90% of the work on your truck. Perhaps you forgot that fact? Or am I wrong?

Robb removed the jeep front axle out of his Ex, to beef up the suspension in the future....

Back when CoryL and Robb would talk in the chat room about axles, it would go on for HOURS....I know for a fact Robb is one of the types of people that does a lot of research into his future projects.....

spindlecone said:
keep in mind, the orig thread, lowering the ST was the topic. your off road animal Robb, has no bearing to the orig thread.

You asked, he resonded! you took it off topic.....
spindlecone said:
Dear Robb
Is not My intention to engage you in a pissing contest, have you any experiance in raising or lowering Explorers of any type?

Wether it be a 2DR, 4DR or ST, it is essentially the same frame with a different body on it.

Lets look at simple geometry shall we....

You take a 4DR XLT,cut the roof off the argo area, remove the side windows, and what do you got??? A Sport Trac

So how would a different body on the same frame (minus a few inches that a sport is from a full size) make the suspension any different?

Do you think that Ford (or any automaker) is going to waste money redesigning the entire supension spectrum to accomodate different bodies? NO. Why? Cuz in their eyes its all about profit.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Lowering rides like crap compared to stock... THAT'S a given. What you need to find out for yourself is... Is the added cornering, handling stability, and looks all worth the harsher ride? Well, it is for me. :)

Robb said:
Don't worry about defending me guys, I am just a check writer. spindlecone is the official ST expert here. Although I have asked the same question in 3 posts, with no reply from the master. I will stand by the fact that the ST and the Ex are identical suspension wise, until someone has the balls to prove otherwise. The whole point of this confrontation was that only a ST guy knows how a ST works, which is complete bullshit. The ST is an Ex with a small bed on the back.

And spindlecone, if you bring up another "righty tighty, lefty loosey" comment towards me, or anyone else here, in the future.............I will do everything that I am capable of to have your weak ass removed from this forum faster than you can say sport trac, just like you were from myst. That is a personal attack, and I will fight to ban you for it like no one else's business.
you can threaten me all you want, my righty tighty comment was directed to you and you alone, bring up my past, thats fine I never called you a week ass, I never made any **** comments against you as you have done to me. you can do what ever you feel capable of doing to me, you want to threaten me, go for it, in my opinion you could not put in order a two car funeral let alone turn a nut, differes from a bolt, get it

You have anything more to say, cut the profaninity, if you are capible of doing so

:banghead: :hammer: spindlecone you just don't get it.

Admit when you are wrong like the rest of us.

I am wrong, I am stupid, I have an IQ of 10, love this site:)
so forgive my ass, am what i am

Right or wrong, just quit while your ahead. The "authority" on this site can get a little power hungry at times. That's just the way it is I guess.

if i remember right I thought 01+ sport and sport tarck had 1'' larger break rotors up front than our 2nd gens?

Cuz I own a 2000 4dr and a 2001 ST, just the facts as I know them...

The suspensions are the same.

What is not always the same...
* Spindles - 01+ Sports and Sport Tracs have slightly different spindles to accomodate the larger disc brake rotors in the front.
* Some Explorers have traction bars connected to the rear axle. This may be a v8 model only thing.

IMHO - Sport Tracs will probably always ride better than other Explorers due to having the longest wheelbase of all the Explorers.

I don't care who wins the pissing contest.

And to the guy who originally started this thread, look for a guy named Phil on www.mysporttrac.com. He had a bagged Sport Trac.

There is some VERY good information in this thread and that is the ONLY reason why its still open. The pissing contest ends now. If anyone wants to get rowdy take it to PM or this will get duh lock.

Everyone have a nice day. :)

I've only been lowered a month in my 98 sport, but like Hartman says, it just starts to wear on you. I ride my truck around town, not too harsh of a ride, take F150 or a Civic around the block, and you just sit there seeing how awful the X rides compared to something at stock height. Looks do the justice though, so I'm happy.

And spindlecone, you could have easily just shaved off part of your bumpstops with the front TT instead of complaining the ride sucks, cause I'll agree, I rode around town lowered 3" on blocks/TT with stock bumpstops and it was ****. But you really had no reason to complain about the ride, cut the bumpstops, you'll be fine. :|

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

draft said:
And spindlecone, you could have easily just shaved off part of your bumpstops with the front TT instead of complaining the ride sucks, cause I'll agree, I rode around town lowered 3" on blocks/TT with stock bumpstops and it was ****. But you really had no reason to complain about the ride, cut the bumpstops, you'll be fine. :|

I used the "special" EE bump stops, then cut them, then removed all stops and my ride still was horrible. I could take it no longer and raised it to stock height; oh what a difference.

Back