Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Comfirm A/C Problem please

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by project_dog, July 6, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. project_dog

project_dog New Member

City, State:
      Spokane
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      New guy here. I have been reading about my 2003 Mountaineer Premier. I feel bad because my wife is 8 months pregnant and its hot here in spokane, wa and she only has half of her A/C.

Im posting here to make sure they problem is the Door blend actuator. I dont have the manual climate, I have the digital Climate Controls. I found a OEM one for $60.00 and they want 700 to install it. I want to do it myself because I dont have the money and it would save me the money.

She gets rear air and the passenger side cold air, the driver side vents blows warm.

So am I right?

Thank you!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. project_dog

project_dog New Member

City, State:
      Spokane
      wow 20 people read this and no response.

4. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Worcester, MA
      2002 XLT V6 4x4
      Welcome aboard project_dog! :salute:

A lot of times people look at threads in hopes of finding a solution to their problem. Not everyone that looks at a thread has the fix.

I am not familiar with the EATC. If it has a blend door actuator for the passenger side and a separate blend door actuator for the driver side, then the driver side actuator could be bad. Typically there is a clicking noise when changing the temperature if the actuator is bad. I'm going to check my shop manuals to see if I can get some info for you. In the meantime, maybe someone with more knowledge of the EATC will chime in.

5. RomeovilleIL

RomeovilleIL Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Illinois
      98 LTD, 00 XLT
      The blend door has to do with the hot/cold mix of air. Since you are getting cold air at some of the vents this may not be your problem. A quick check would be to turn the temp from cold to hot and see if the "working" vents start blowing heat when engine is warm. If yes then you likely have a different problem.

6. zeejm

zeejm New Member

City, State:
      Colorado
      '03 Limited 4WD
      Check your A/C refrigerant level. I have the same system in my '03 limited and had the exact same problem. I went as far as replacing the driver's side actuator but still had the "warm driver, cold passenger, cold rear" symptom. The problem went away after I added another 12oz can of R134a.