Digital speedomater | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digital speedomater

No. Lucked into it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still couldnt find it

I drive a 2016 Platinum and I could see only Lane assist Icon instead of the digital speedo. Can you please explain how u found it?

I drive a 2016 Platinum and I could see only Lane assist Icon instead of the digital speedo. Can you please explain how u found it?
If you are asking about how to activate it, see post 19. I don't think the Owner's Manual covers this feature since no one has been able to find it.
I sent off a PM to Rebecca of the FordIVTteam about it.
Peter

Cruise control has to be disengaged and press end button on left stalk. Works for me. Not in owners manual and dealer had no clue. But the key is for cruise being off.

If I have both the adaptive cruise control & the lane assist on, will both display in the right cluster?

Julie, I'm assuming you have an Explorer Platinum. When you 1st crank up the engine on the right in the speedo bank you will either see the outline of the car or a 0. Pushing the end button on the left stalk will change the car to a 0 or visa versa. When driving with dig speedo and you turn your cruise control on the dig speedo will disappear and car outline will appear. And thus ends lesson 101. Good luck.

What about the lane assist? When does it show in the right cluster. I know how to turn the cruise on & off -- how do I turn the lane assist on & off? I'm about to head out & will be on the interstate for about 30 minutes. I'll play around to see what I can get to show up & when.

Aha, found it. I'm good to go now

Lane assist is in settings.

Julie, I'm assuming you have an Explorer Platinum.
No need to assume Dean. It shows in the margin. That is one reason I'm always asking members to add the 'trim' level to their profile. It's the first place I look when replying. :D

Peter

I didn't think of that. Now I know Julie has a platinum! Thanks.

Lane assist is in settings.

You set the options in Settings but you enable & disable (turn it on/off) using the end of the lever on the left side. Apparently that lever is called a stack.

You set the options in Settings but you enable & disable (turn it on/off) using the end of the lever on the left side. Apparently that lever is called a stack.
Are you sure it isn't "stalk"?
Anyway, the word 'stack' is only mentioned 3 times in the manual and refers to center stack each time. The word 'stalk' is only mentioned twice and refers to the stalks (turn signal lever) below the steering wheel but has no mention of pushing the end button.

Peter

If I have both the adaptive cruise control & the lane assist on, will both display

Both will display. surprised you haven't tried it. Regarding the digital speedo, both cruise and lane assist have to be off. With all the real estate available on the Platinum display you'd think they could have offered more functions. What can be so difficult about displaying a digital readout?

We're going to Canada but the the speedo doesn't show kilometers, only MPH. You can't see which gear you're in unless you shift to Sport, and then, unless you're a teenager with 20/10 vision you'll not see the tiny numbers, 1-6.

Sorry to jump on your thread but it's all part of the same Ford story. What a beautiful car with such sloppy electronic user interface. I bought the Platinum for the engine and I'm happy but after owning 5 Explorers I'm used to the disappointments.

I'm guessing that the digital speedo doesn't show with Active Cruise Control on because the speed has been set at a 'known' number so it wouldn't be necessary to show the readout. Like I said, just a guess.
Also, I believe, looking at the Manual, that you can change MPH to Km/h in the settings.
Digital speedometer - x.. MPH - Press OK for km/h

Peter

I'm guessing that the digital speedo doesn't show with Active Cruise Control on because the speed has been set at a 'known' number so it wouldn't be necessary to show the readout. Like I said, just a guess.
Also, I believe, looking at the Manual, that you can change MPH to Km/h in the settings.
Digital speedometer - x.. MPH - Press OK for km/h

Peter
oops,sure didn't see or find the km/h, my apologies peter

No apology needed. Glad to be able to help out.:thumbsup:

Peter
Peter, after digging through the menus I've finally got the display as close as I can to what I need. I would have preferred that the speedo converted to kilometers, removing MPH entirely. I'd also like to see a larger display of the transmission positions. What gear am I in? Since we now have paddles that work in the Drive and Sport positions it would be nice to have a continuous display. The tiny display in the bottom of the LCD might be okay for folks with 20/10 vision but most of us are less adept at seeing the small graphics. Maybe Ford could add a selection allowing a change in font sizes, like the iPhone.
Anyway, thanks for the help

I can confirm the digital speed readout option was moved to the center display on the 2017 Platinum. It is the 4th choice under Entertainment, Phone & Nav. The Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise (when selected) and posted speed limit information remain on the right inside the "analog" speedo.

0cd1106c-e7dd-415d-9185-68e4714de299_zps4rukfbxu.jpg

I can confirm the digital speed readout option was moved to the center display on the 2017 Platinum. It is the 4th choice under Entertainment, Phone & Nav. The Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise (when selected) and posted speed limit information remain on the right inside the "analog" speedo.

0cd1106c-e7dd-415d-9185-68e4714de299_zps4rukfbxu.jpg
What does the analog speedo look like when converted to kilometers? Most that I've seen always show both but your picture just shows MPH. Thanks for posting.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are two option under display settings for MPH/kph: The first allows you to display units in Miles & Gallons, L/100 km or km/L.This modifies the digital speed displayed in the center as well as modifying the odometer and fuel displays.

6662f5a6-6ca4-443a-b343-c7fe45b5166a_zps4zbpqhaq.jpg

The second option under display settings allows you to toggle the km/h in the analog speedo which is layered under the digital needle. (I'm showing this deselected along with the Lane Assist turned off so you get a full needle displayed.) I would imagine on Canadian destined vehicles the MPH/kmh would be reversed giving you the option to turn off MPH in the display.

eaad03aa-ec99-4f53-8c5f-9fd19a45d43c_zpsopuqrzsb.jpg

This shows just how much you can customize this digital cluster down to a very simple and clean view. When you turn off the displays, you get some "contouring" with the black rims around the dials.

f490498f-7171-45d9-8305-4eca53e20c6d_zps3qatkjpt.jpg

Back