Do I have a remote-door-lock thingy ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do I have a remote-door-lock thingy ?

toyfj40

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 X/EB
mine isa '93 Expl, Eddie-Bauer...

all I got with it was one-dup-key...

I saw a post about 'setting a rmt-fob'
with a connector near/in the rear jack/washer compartment...

I see no such connector...

1. how can I confirm that I have the remote feature ?
2. how can I confirm that it functions properly ?
(yes my door-lock buttons work)
3. how do I get freq/feat specs to get a remote-thingy to carry ?
4. who carries such items ?

thanks.

EDIT: thanks for confirming that it is not likely to be installed.
I have other things to do in the near-term

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never seen a 1st gen with keyless remote entry from the factory. The 1st gens also use the cheaper/non pats style (no chip) keys so you can get cheap copies made all day long.

~Mark

it very well might have it (a friend I know has a 1994 mustang with it)?? if you dont have a fob the best place is to go to a junk yard and find one out of a like year explorer or Ebay...Once you have the "fob" the programming is easy to do (I am sure there is a write up on here) if not its
1)key in ignition with all doors closed
2)turn key to RUN (NOT start) 7* times ending in RUN position
3)the door locks will lock and unlock to confirm at which time you press any button on up to 4 key Fobs (providing they are the correct frequency)
not positive of the # of cycles - on my taurus its 7x

I think, but Im not 100% positive, only the limited had the option of keyless entry. My '94 limited has it.

picture.php

The control box is in the jack compartment. Its either the white or black box, I cant remember right now and the truck is at home.

This is the keyfob that works with it. (Notice that its says words lock, unlock, panic. There is another style that looks similar, but it has little pics not words. That one may or may not work, IDK.)

31RJCOypBkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1st gen limited's apparently had it. Chances are good that your 93 has nothing. Add any aftermarket alarm system you want. I have a basic viper system in mine.

I also want to confirm that my 94 Limited has keyless entry from the factory.

Back