headers?? mustangs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

headers?? mustangs?

so does anyone know where i can find some headers for my 5.0 awd x?? both manifolds are leaking and im suspecting warped so y not upgrade insted of replace. also i was giving some thought on mustang parts for my motor anyone done anything with the swap and found positive results, maybe headers??
thanx for the insite

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am almost positive that Mustang headers will not work on yours, do a search b/c it was discussed in the past month or so. I know that Ford MotorSports discontinued their headers for the 5.0 Explorer, but new headers are out called Torque Monster Headers. I believe that there is a group buy going on now for these headers. Dyno proven, you will pick up about 40(I think) ft/lbs of torque and IDK how much horsepower at the wheels. Also do a search on these b/c they are supposed to be pretty nice ones.

Mustang headers (or any other ones for that matter) wont work. You have two options-

1- custom, like the Torque monster ones

2- FMS. They were discontinued a while back, but ive heard they are coming back into production soon.

Oh, and i would be willing to bet the leak is the passenger side gasket, or to smaller chance, the EGR tube.

James, when/where did you hear the FMS ones might come back into production? I'd never buy them, just wondering.

Man, i cant remember the thread but it was from (IMHO) a reputable source. I had a set, they arent worth spending money on unless yours are damaged...... just my opinion.

well that's good to know. ya the leak is on the right side, from what i hear there was a problem with the bolts coming loose or not properly torqued at the factory, anyway the person who had the x be4 me had the gaskets replaced and now they are leaking again. so im guesing that they are warped. gonna do that search on the headers but i still would like to know about any parts that may fit on the x from a mustang, maybe TB or thinner head gaskets i don't know. curious

Probably not warped. Bolts came loose again (just a guess, mine did it too).

the fms ones where put in to the new catalog but my buddy says the part number is not availible yet. my 150 dollar mac shorties and have a exhaust shop make them fit.

blk mk8 said:
the fms ones where put in to the new catalog but my buddy says the part number is not availible yet. my 150 dollar mac shorties and have a exhaust shop make them fit.

How would they "make" them fit? How much is the bill gonna be?

i am shure if you find some one good enough you could get them to do it for 200 to 400 depending on a couple things.

Back