• Register Today It's free!

help,no start and stuck,

Drummer1

Reaction score
City, State
Cave Creek ,Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.6L Limited
sorry if this is in the wrong place,im posting from my phone,just replaced w/p,rad,tstat,fan and fan ctch,now my engine cranks like it wants to turn overbut,dosn't,fuel pump is coming on,all dash lights wrkin,no fuel smell,tried reseting computr,any ideas/help would be appreciatd,93 Mazda Navajo,5 spd,4x4,4.0. Vapor lock maybe?i had just refilled the rad for the first time so no coolant in it yet,thank y'all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

doh! I should have checked that already(its getting hot out here) and if it is getting spark? I just don't get it engine was running fine till I tore it apart,any ideas how I can check for spark,im solol and the GF is still a ways away,thanks RR777,wish I was in your neck o' da woods today,gonna be a balmy 116°,ugh.

nope dry as a bone,i was noticing the fan spins kinda hard by hand,could the water pump be bad?it feels like im getting spark,i poped once too,kinda like when you mess up the firing order ya know?

Ok, for now we will assume you have spark.

can you find the fuel pressure test port? It is at the base of the intake manifold on the passenger side, sticking out near the coil pack. It looks like a tire valve. Key on and stick something in the valve, see if gas sprays out.

Well thank you RR777 for the help,but,i got her runnin again,it was my cam position sensor,it took a pretty good swim when I pulled the old water pump and a huuuuge thanks to the member who pm'd me! You nailed it!

Back