• Register Today It's free!

Message center.

kit980

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 XLT
Does anyone no if is possible to install a message center on a 2006 Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What all would have to switched out and what if anything would have to be re calibrated.

cluster and buttons added to the dash, then programmed....

Messade Center

Would it have to be taken to the Dealer to be re programmed

Digging this thread from the dead. I have the buttons, but now I need a cluster. I'd like to maintain my mileage count if possible.

I'm not sure about the 2008, but for the 2010 my message center is with my odometer. All I have to do is press the "stick" button on my cluster. Is it not the same for the 2008?

i think you would be able to install the odometer, as i comparing pictures of on ebay from a xlt and eddie bauer the connectors are the same, but one thing you might want to take into account that even those the connectors are the same...the pins might be in different position.

The wiring for buttons might be in your vehicle I would remove the radio bezel and look to see if there is a wire hooked up to the blank buttons as for my car I found this interesting I have an E.B. and the wiring hook up for the heated seat buttons are there behind the blank buttons.

Another thing you could if the wiring does not exist is get vin number from an eddie bauer equiped vehicle of the same year and replace the entire dash harness, they cost about 600 dollars brand new from ford if you want to buy it. I think that would be the best in my opinion and try bargain with them for free installation.

Back