• Register Today It's free!

Power Locks Dont Work

Danson

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
hello everyone, my 2000 Explorer Limited will not lock with either the key fob or the keypad on the door, the switch on the door works perfectly fine. Could it be the module in the jack compartment? Help is greatly appreciated, Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bet you've lost you code somehow. Have you tried reprogramming?

It unlocks fine with the code but if I push the last two buttons it will not lock, when I hit lock on the remote it honks as if it locked but it does not

You may want to look at the locking items inside the door. I had to bend and adjust my bars so when I unlocked with key it would work. All the other doors would unlock but drivers of course so I fixed it and now it works.

It is more than likely that you have the "standard rotted splice" problem..... lots of posts, some with pictures.

It is more than likely that you have the "standard rotted splice" problem..... lots of posts, some with pictures.

+1 for this. Since everything locks and unlocks correctly from the power lock switches in the doors, that means all of the actuators, etc are fine. There are separate wires for lock and unlock from the keyless modules - since remote unlock works (pink/lt grn wires), look for a problem with pink/yellow wires. The splice problem area is usually at the driver's side rear door in the wiring channel under the door sill.

Back