• Register Today It's free!

Questions about my Mazda B2500 PU

HollyB

Reaction score
City, State
DeSoto, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mazda B 2500 SE PU
I have a 1999 Mazda B2500 PU with a 2.5L engine that has 8 spark plugs. The engine stopped working in February this year and I am looking for another engine to put in this truck. I am wanting to know if there are any engines that are compatible with this model truck? If so which ones and what is the difference in order to install the engine in my truck?
Thanks,
Holly

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, the other engines available in the Ranger were the 3.0 V6 and the 4.0 V6. You could swap one in, but you would also have to swap the transmission along with the engine, as well as the computer.
It would probably be simpler and cheaper to just fix the engine you have, unless you have the skills to do the swap yourself.

What about the ranger 2.5 liter that was just like the Mazda b2500

The Ranger 2.5 will be the same motor. That will be your easiest drop in, grantee the years are compatible.

Any idea what’s wrong with your motor?

Yes, 2.5 = 2500. It was only used in four years, 199-2001.

The Ranger 2.5 will be the same motor. That will be your easiest drop in, grantee the years are compatible.

Any idea what’s wrong with your motor?
I was driving at 70 mph and heard a pinging noise and then lost all power. Had it checked and have no compression in cylinder 3&5. Also truck won’t start.

Yes, 2.5 = 2500. It was only used in four years, 199-2001.
The year matches are 1999 - 2001. Would this be a straight swap with everything matching? Also anything special needed to be done for a manual transmission?

2.5 should only have 4 cylinders?

Back