spark plugs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

spark plugs

kevin209

Reaction score
City, State
bristol uk
Year, Model & Trim Level
hi uk owner had my exploer for nearly a year now and now have to do some maintainence have sean some horror stories on this subject are they that bad to change.allso is there a ford work shop manual that can be purchase.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to another UK member.

So far I have not tried a plug change yet. As far as manuals are concerned there is a Chilton's and a Haynes available form amazon or you can try and but the CD from ebay. None of these are for RHD models so you have to be a bit creative.

I have the v6 and it wasnt that bad to get to the spark plugs and change them. If your plugs have been in for a while they may be a little more difficult to remove.

Yeah it was a PITA, I changed mine with about 125,000 but nothing that was impossible, Gd Lck ;)

kevin209 said:
hi uk owner had my exploer for nearly a year now and now have to do some maintainence have sean some horror stories on this subject are they that bad to change.allso is there a ford work shop manual that can be purchase.

Hi from another UK owner , I bought my plugs (double platinum) from Ebay , they cost £40 for the 6 which is a lot cheaper than the £12 each Ford wanted to rob me of :mad: . I've got the Haynes manual , I got it from Amazon , it's OK but does cover a lot of different types of X so it's not that detailed . I got the plugs changed when I had the LPG fitted , so I don't really know if it's easy or not ;) Good luck

Dave
:uk:

Back