Windshield wiper motor not working/ Cant find correct relay diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield wiper motor not working/ Cant find correct relay diagram

Luis Fernandez

Reaction score
City, State
albuquerque NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT 4.4
Hi everybody,
I have a 2004 XLT. I recently bought it.
The windshield wipers engage and move when i try to wash the windshield, but the motor doenst work. Ive spend a few days looking for a correct, full diagram of the fuses and relays. I cant find a correct one that has all of the fuses, and every diagram is different, claiming its from the 04 explorer.
I would like to eliminate the relays and fuses first.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fuse locations as well as relay descriptions should be in the manual that came with the vehicle as long as it is still in the glove box.
Not sure what you mean when you say that the motor does not work but the wipers engage. Some what of a contradiction. I have had issues with mine in the past and interchanging relays helped.
I have a Hanes manual for mine.

Mine doesnt have a manual. I did finally find it online. I checked the fuses. It doest appear that there is a relay related to the wipers or the wiper motor?
I meant that the wiper motor works, but the wiper fluid PUMP motor doesnt work.

If the issue is just the washer pump not operating maybe you can get to its wiring and put power directly to it. These pump motors do fail occasionally. I have not looked at mine to see how easy or not it would be to do this. I had the washers fail once only to find that a hose had disconnected behind the tank and was spraying water onto the ground.

can you hear the pump when you turn it on,if so look for broken hose, or run the pump a few times and look under the truck for a puddle.

Back