'Kids New Rig | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'Kids New Rig

Hey Guys, My Names is Caleb Hartline, and well as almsot on here prolly knows, my explorer is dead, so i had to replace it with something. Vehicle of Choice? 1980 CJ-7 :thumbsup: ....... Link to my Explorer Registry
Heres a Pic with some specs, ill post more later

11574IM000496.jpg

Specs:

1980 Scout Axles- D44s
SOA with Custom Leaf Packs(approx 8' of lift)
Lockers Front and Rear
Disc Brake Conversion on Rear
35x14.50" Super Swamper SSR's on 15x14" Rims
258 I-6
727 Auto with a D300 T-Case
Warn 8000lb Winch on Front
Warn Tire Carrier and Bumper on Back
All shiney stuff is Stainless Steel, Cept the Wheels :p
Tuffy Over Head Console with Pioneer 4600 MP3 Player
2 4" Pioneer Speakers in the Dash

Ugh more but not really important

Future Mods:
On Board Air
Electric Fan Off Explorer
Re Gear
39" Iroks on 15x10"s(not gunan lift it anymore to fit them, just use below)
Flat Fender and Prolly TJ Flares in the Back
Make the D44's Stronger(after i start to break parts)
Finish the Interior- Truck bed the inside, Roll Cage, New Seats Tool Storage

Prolly More that i cant think of right now

Thanks for looking

-Caleb

EDIT- No your not seeing things the Roll Bar is Purple :eek: :confused:

Not My Choice :p Its gettign Changed ASAP, jsut waitign on soem Roll Bar Padding.... than it will be Grey....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great. Full Roll Bar? If not that should be one of your first mods. The was the first thing my dad did when we got ours. Then the 3 point belts.

Is that a fiberglass tub? fenders? hood? Very nice ride Kid. Lemme know if your gonna sell those tires.

actaully tone, the tire are/will be forsale soon, they have VERY low miles on them, one has less than 500 prolly

ide liek to sell the rims.tires together, PM if interested,

all steel everywhere :thumbsup:

Yea Todd, im converting it to ful lcage soon :thumbsup:

I also have a set of Full steel doors, half doors, and a Bikini Top, so i can throw doors on it anytime i want :D

Looks really good. Any bad rust at all? Do you have paddle style door handles or the kind you turn?

no, no major rust at all, some minor minor, but ill take care of it when i put soem rocker protection on it.

I dont know what you mean bout the handles....

heres the doors.. (pic from the dudes auction) i can get a better detailed pic if need be)

Attachments

• 82_12.jpg
    82_12.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 498

Nice. You have the newer style, what they call, "paddle handles" in that they have a flat, pull out handle that locks. The old style was just an L-shaped handle you would twist to release from latch. You have a nice Jeep there my friend.

Any mods to that straight 6? 4 barrel, header, or exhaust?

No mods yet, i do paln to convert it to a 4 brl, and put a header on it, right now though, its all stock.... cept no emision BS, the motor is actaully a 1983 block....

This truck is prolly guna nbe outta comission til lfebruary, as i am gunan get my bros ranger most likely, and DD that, and ill tear down the jeep, to do the 39"s and stuff like that...

Got any pics of you CJ ?

Some I found that I had on work puter.

Attachments

• Bear Hammock 010.jpg
    Bear Hammock 010.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 472
  • Bear Hammock 015.jpg
    Bear Hammock 015.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 459

ton_e_montana said:
Some I found that I had on work puter.

Nice maybe we can go wheeling some time... one reson im doing my build up now, is i figure it will give stuff to dryout, i went out to richloam like 3 weeks ago and we were on the easy trails and i bout hydro'ed a few times, and my 35"s were underwater almsot all day.... its gotta be worse now, since Jeanne, so hopefulyl by January, Februaury ill be done, and it wont be as Wet on the trails

ONly thing really different now is I have both SS rearview mirrors and new corner and park lenses.

Mine is completely intact at the moment, but will soon undergo some changes. My dad just bought a 2005 Ford F150 and has retired his 92 chevy pickup with 350 and auto tranny. I am saving for an Advance Adapter to convert it. I also plan on doing SOA with stock springs cause I have already replaced all poly and have 4" Skyjacker shocks. So more lift, new tires, and V8 w/auto are the plans. I am currently running completely original I-6 and 2" add-a-leaf with 32's

Traitor!!

Just joking. Nice rig with lots of extra's. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it??

Best move it away from that biga$$ tree in the first pic:)

Positive i paid 6k for it....

Spindle... those trees have survived all 3 'canes, but everystorm('cane) i move it to the side of the house....

How does it ride on the highway, kid?

It rides decently, It needs new shocks i think, Plus the oens on there are Superlifts :rolleyes: I wanna run blistens or Rancho's, Prolly will happen when i go with the 39"s, also they set the suspension up REALLY soft...... Only thing that aggrivates me is soem rattles onthe interior, alot from the over head console..... ill fix them sooner or later.....

After:

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 392

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back