Do you have pics of your Explorer with custom wheels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you have pics of your Explorer with custom wheels?

NightTrain

Reaction score
City, State
The Pacific Northwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
I'd like to see some pics of custom wheels on a late model Explorer. I plan to buy 20 inch chrome wheels, but not sure what style I want.

About to buy an '05 tomorrow or Friday and want some ideas on how to quickly improve on the look of the vehicle.

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NaplesBill has a beautiful explorer:

5120DSC00001.jpg

18s.

Attachments

• IMG_0559 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0559 (Small).JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 4,544

i saw that yellow one, and now i have to change my pants! the white one looks awesome too. why is it all the wind jammers bypass my year? its like 95-98 then 00-01. i really want one just for they way it looks.

Doubt Incarnate said:
i saw that yellow one, and now i have to change my pants! the white one looks awesome too. why is it all the wind jammers bypass my year? its like 95-98 then 00-01. i really want one just for they way it looks.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but the rear hatch is the same from '98-'01. I had the same Windjammer mounted to my old '95. There's really no difference in the curvature of the top of the hatch.

ExplorerDMB said:
NaplesBill has a beautiful explorer:

5120DSC00001.jpg
Thanks for the responses...that yellow truck is real sharp..white one's cool too...

Any other pics out there?

Wheels are the Boss line, produced by American Racing. 20"

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

Those american's are very clean looking on your rig i like them alot! Very nice!!

Here's X-Cited Explorer:

exp-front-001-sa1.jpg

-Drew

Here is mine. Not clean, but ya get the point.

Attachments

• New X Pics.JPG
    New X Pics.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 3,625
  • New X Pics after Roof Rack removed 004.JPG
    New X Pics after Roof Rack removed 004.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 3,565
  • New X Pics after Roof Rack removed 006.JPG
    New X Pics after Roof Rack removed 006.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 3,629

redlineunlimitd said:
Hey rocket do you have any under hood shots??

Sure do. Here ya go. BTW, if you ever want someone to put something like this under your hood just let me know. I can do either a 1.7L or a big 2.2L supercharger on any 02-05 V8 Explorer.

Attachments

• New X Pics KB 2.2 002.JPG
    New X Pics KB 2.2 002.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 3,586
  • New X Pics KB 2.2 003.JPG
    New X Pics KB 2.2 003.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 3,644

Rocket, that is one nice x you have there,I'm trying to get a hold of Doug for a SCT Xcal,for my 02.Once i get things going,I'll post pics of mine.

those first 2 explorers, did they need to use spacers to get the wheel to the right place? i love the 5 spoke wheels.

I assume you're talking to me. Yes, I do run .25" spacers on the front. At full lock they still hit the sway bar though. I just always have to remember not to go to full lock.

here are my 03/04 cobra rims, 17x9
IMG_0019-new-pic.jpg

ExplorerDMB said:
Here's X-Cited Explorer:

exp-front-001-sa1.jpg

-Drew

what are the brands & specs on those wheels & tires?

ZkCyGDkPhj862-zNd6WlKUR2xQzV5CwA0300.jpg

20" Fusion Wykids

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2002 Mercury Mountaineer

MB Motoring Express 20x9 wheels (+18 offset) with Kumho Ecta STX 275/45/20 tires

654610.jpg

654609.jpg

Back