How much trimming for 33 12.50 r15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much trimming for 33 12.50 r15

moreash14

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 explorer sport trac
Was thinking about getting 33 12.50 15 duratracs but didnt know how much trimming was needed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

-E4CB-4E83-88C3-B2B93AC4D613-2301-00000200875EA47D.jpg

This is Gse Brent's ST with 33x13.5x15 Nittos

USArmy Active Duty. Nathan, 2002 Sport Trac 4x4. -TT, K&N intake, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Flowmaster 40 with turn down, 30k Kensun HID headlights and fog lights, high beam relay mod, Grille delete, Recon light bar w/ reverse lights, tinted 3rd brake light, 5% tinted windows.

The picture of the back of the wheelwell is about right, the trimming on the front is a lot less with 33x12.50x15's. you don't even notice the trimming for 12.5's, it also comes down to how much and what kind of lift you run.

It won't need too much, you won't really know how much until you get them on. Every truck is a little different. It also depends on personal preference, some people want/need more clearance than others.

USArmy Active Duty. Nathan, 2002 Sport Trac 4x4. -TT, K&N intake, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Flowmaster 40 with turn down, 30k Kensun HID headlights and fog lights, high beam relay mod, Grille delete, Recon light bar w/ reverse lights, tinted 3rd brake light, 5% tinted windows.

Check out a thread made by Offtrac called 35 km2s installed. It's also what I followed. I know it's for 35s but just take off a little less for 33s. I don't think I cut out as much as Brent did to fit my 35s. His is less noticeable in person than in these pictures by the way.

mine wasn't too bad and i just had a tt and it was all inner fenderwell. with a body lift and tt i'd imagine youd hardly have to trim.

Back