• Register Today It's free!

Snowed in EX pictures.

SWIGIN

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
79 Bronco , 98 Explorer
We are getting a pretty good snow fall for this area anyway, and here is my EX snowed in as of 11am this morning. It's deceiving how much snow we had at 11am. It is a dry light snow and is drifting and blowing around. Halfway between my porch and the EX was up to my crotch.

2qiuseq.jpg

Any more snowed in pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just realized I posted this in the 3rd gen thread and not the 2nd gen thread.

Could a mod please move this?

This was mine last year during that series of storms that shut down Boston.

xGssxJi.jpg

And no, that's not a drift. I had already shoveled snow away around it before taking the photo.

Here in GA, we had an unprecedented amount of snow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 322

I just realized I posted this in the 3rd gen thread and not the 2nd gen thread.

Could a mod please move this?

It's okay to have dreams. :D

Number4 that looks manageable lol I have three foot drifts I'm pretty sure I'll get stuck if I try to get out the farm road...

Number4 that looks manageable lol I have three foot drifts I'm pretty sure I'll get stuck if I try to get out the farm road...

The day started out promising. But by noon, you could tell the snow fun was ending.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 305

Just a dusting here, but I had fun playing in it.

vshq80.jpg

Well I put it in 4LOW and have made several trips out the farm road and back, been to town twice down a back road that only had one lane plowed, so I have to say my '05 did very well. Did get shut down going to the other farm, but got within 200 yards of the tenant house to check on the cat, backed back down to the state road no problem though, so I haven't gotten stuck yet!

come on guys,, make some photo magic.,

here's a 1/2 buried 35 to get things going,,,

Attachments

• buried 35.jpg
    buried 35.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 279

Well I went back to the other farm road and punched on through this time, was tough breaking tracks uphill but I made it all the way. Dug out the doors to the shop and got the 2G out, it did excellent even with minimal tread remaining on the tires. All is well hope everyone is doing good.

IMG_20160125_104421902.jpg

I noticed you have a 2005 v8 EB, I also noticed your description said you have a performance tune, how much did the tune wake up the explorer? Also what power gains did you get? Thanks

Anthony, I have no actual numbers but it does make a nice power curve, and fuel mileage is improved as well. Also what I really needed was a correction for oversized tires, so with the tuner hooked up you can do those corrections yourself, as well as corrections related to your gear ratio if you are changing ring and pinion sets in the differentials.

Anthony, I have no actual numbers but it does make a nice power curve, and fuel mileage is improved as well. Also what I really needed was a correction for oversized tires, so with the tuner hooked up you can do those corrections yourself, as well as corrections related to your gear ratio if you are changing ring and pinion sets in the differentials.

Wow, sounds really cool, how much did it run you? I would like to get maybe a 93 octane tune for mine! :D

Pricey, I got mine from McPhail's outfit, can't recall the name right now, about 400 bones but he will email you one custom tune included in that price. The Ford tuner comes pre-loaded with three tunes 87, 91, and 93 octane. Torrie McPhail will write you a custom tune taking into account any mods such as CAI, oversize MAF, injectors etc. Tunes are generally towing, economy, or performance and written over the octane of your choice. EDIT: Unleashed Tuning I believe is the name of his outfit. Also remember the tuner is a highly functional scan tool as well with live data capabilities.

Back