• Register Today It's free!

Suspension rebuild kit

hondaslave1342

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Sport Trac XLT
Looking for suggestions for complete rebuild it. Anybody have advice about his company? I need uppers on one side and lower on other so I don't know what approach to take. 2wd 2005 st.

Screenshot_20210228-125031.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In researching post my explorer, I found several that stated to stay away from this company.

Moog makes some of the best suspension parts.

In researching post my explorer, I found several that stated to stay away from this company.

Moog makes some of the best suspension parts.
Thanks for the fast reply. Appreciated

Thanks for the fast reply. Appreciated
I agree re MOOG. I got tired of ball joints and control arms wearing out, so last summer I replaced upper and lower assemblies with Moog HD series parts. Seem to be holding up, only nitpick is one ball joint threaded hole for the grease zerk wasnt threaded. I think the P/Ns start with "CK" for the HD versions.

I agree re MOOG. I got tired of ball joints and control arms wearing out, so last summer I replaced upper and lower assemblies with Moog HD series parts. Seem to be holding up, only nitpick is one ball joint threaded hole for the grease zerk wasnt threaded. I think the P/Ns start with "CK" for the HD versions.
If you go with Moog, make sure to get their higher end series. The low end is a value brand that isn't any better than the other cheap things it seems.

If you go with Moog, make sure to get their higher end series. The low end is a value brand that isn't any better than the other cheap things it seems.
When I look on their website, only see one option for my 05 2wd st. Packagedeal60. Don't know if it's the cheap version.

Thanks. I only see one version. Definitely want HD type

Back