Back from a relaxing day of wheeling | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back from a relaxing day of wheeling

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Hey guys I just got home from wheeling one of the local trails here. I went out with mrboyle and we had a great time just driving around in the woods. Altough the trail is not that difficult it is still fun with optional things to play around on. I can think of one that I should of went around but my bad side said do it and I ended up with about 4" of water inside of my X, oh well :) The trails here are mainly just scenic so it is great to get out and see nature the way most people can only dream about. I will let mrboyle chime in tell his version :)

Attachments

• jn28-004.jpg
    jn28-004.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 227

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

View on trail

Attachments

• jn28-003.jpg
    jn28-003.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 229

Snow :)

Attachments

• jn28-007.jpg
    jn28-007.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 228

mrboyle crossing mud

Attachments

• jn28-010.jpg
    jn28-010.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 218

Battlement Res.

Attachments

• jn28-012.jpg
    jn28-012.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 208

Letting the water drain out :)

Attachments

• jn28-017.jpg
    jn28-017.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 215

another view of the res.

Attachments

• jn28-013.jpg
    jn28-013.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 211

What a day. The trail wasn't that bad, but it was just hard enough to be fun. The only down fall was the mosquitoes (sp?). I'm glad Hvac was leading because I was thinking of going in that same hole he got stuck in. It was DEEP :eek: Only real carnage was my t-case skid plate. It now matches the shape of the tranny crossmember. Here's a link to my pics: http://public.fotki.com/mrboyle/battlement_mesa/

Wow that place looks nice. Bet it was fun to get out in the fresh air for a day....

Clint,
I figured out what that diff guard we found came from. It was off one of the Land Rovers. Its made by Safari-Guard.

gotta love sinking your truck in the mud. sounds like its time to pull out the carpet and herculine the floor. :)

Doug this is my wife's daily driver and I am in the middle of building a trail truck so that whole carpet and herc thing is not an option :) Mike I don't think those rovers went up that rock garden...but you never know :)

You sunk your wife's DD? how much crap did you get for that? :)

She loved every min. of it :) She is into wheeling and camping so this is just another weekend for us. I just have to be carefull because she refers to her X as bling bling :) It is pretty nice for a 93' low miles too.

Doug this what she usualy keeps it looking like :)

Attachments

• jy03-023.jpg
    jy03-023.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 151

good lookin truck. its my first gen twin. :)

I think white 2 doors are the best....lol

K, battlement mesa, any other suggestions

hey hvac and boyle... I posted awhile back on another thread about western CO. I'm headed out to the Montrose area in 4 days and counting. Any "must do" trails? I've got a jacked 2K ranger, so the waterfall crawl is out, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, best campin' area?

Hey Klaws, This is kind of funny because I am going to be in denver this weekend, looks like were trading towns :)
I don't know how you are set up but most of the stuff I know of in montrose is for the highly modified. I would say you could do Battlement but it is about 2.5 hrs from montrose. I would look into doing Black bear pass or something like that. I know there is a thread in the trail run section that Boyle had posted on it. You should talk to mrboyle because he used to live near montrose. How long are you staying?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back