• Register Today It's free!

Performance chips

trac power

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer sport trac
hi, this is the first time ever worked with performance chips. what is a good brand performance chip for an 03 sport trac 4wd. i just want a little bit more horsepower and quicker acceleration. Gas milage is good too. lol
thanks for the help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi, this is the first time ever worked with performance chips. what is a good brand performance chip for an 03 sport trac 4wd. i just want a little bit more horsepower and quicker acceleration. Gas milage is good too. lol
thanks for the help

See SCTflash.com for details on the most common route us Explorer owners take. Whatever you do, don`t get sucked into those uber cheap `chips`on eBay. They are snake oil and do not work. Expect to pay around $400 for a flasher and a few tunes. James Henson (Hensonperformance.com) is a site sponsor and won`t steer you wrong.

how much power would one of those chips give me

how much power would one of those chips give me

The only advice I`ll give you is to read up the MANY threads on the subject in our archives. We have entire forums devoted to custom programs, chips, flashers etc. You see power increases that vary depening on other mods you do. Also, the biggest change is `driveability` (i.e. better shift points etc). It`s pretty hard to know how much power one can gain in isolation.

A change in your tune is the only way to go....those so called power chips are worthless. I know a tuner is much more expensive, but it is the only way to gain.

Back