New "to me" ride, and new to the forum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New "to me" ride, and new to the forum

Plurb

Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4.0 SOHC 4WD
I got a call from a car dealer friend of mine (he was looking for a pickup for me) that I needed to come down and check out this '99 Ex he just got in. It had 158K on it but I didn't think it would hurt to look. Wife and I hopped in it and drove it about 20 miles city and highway. When we got back I told him I would take it! This truck is unbelieveable, looks and drives like brand new. No thumps, thuds, rattles nothing. Cold or hot you can't hear the engine running with the hood open, other than fan noise.

It had a few minor problems and by reading through this forum easy and cheap fixes were found. Dirty MAF sensor (cleaned) and the rear wiper fix (blade not contacting the glass through it whole travel).

I wanted to thank you and the members for all the insights and tips provided herein. I expect to be a regular visitor here to keep my EX running great. It's already my baby!

Thanks again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome u got pics of it

Not yet but I hope to have some up in the next couple of days!

Welcome aboard! :salute:

Here are a couple of pics.

Just signed the papers getting ready to take it home.

Little later same day.

Back