'01 Sport Trac - Thanks in advance for all the advice | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'01 Sport Trac - Thanks in advance for all the advice

peteylambert

Reaction score
City, State
Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford sport trac
i have a stock 01 sport trac I've got everything but tires to do a torsion shackle lift I've got warrior 153 shackles set of 15/8 steel wheels with 3.75 back spacing I'm gonna go with BF Goodrich all terrain 32/11.50/15 tires does anyone see any problems with my setup
Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum:chug:

I moved your thread to our 2001 - 2005 Sport Trac subforum where the right folks should see it.

You should be fine with that setup. It'll look really nice. Got any pictures?

I'll post before and after soon

You could even fit skinny 33s with the TT/shackle lift but the 32s will look good too! Welcome to to the forum!

here are 32" 16's with 3" BL but should look similar.
20150606_123527.jpg

might have to do a little bit of cutting though like i did.
rear of front wheel well
20150629_135204.jpg

front of front wheel well
20150629_135215.jpg

rear of rear wheel well
20150629_135229.jpg

Valas- did you tt also? It seemed there was a lot of cutting you went threw. When I put the 265/75 (which from my reading is technically considered a 31" but the specific tires I got are technically 31.9") I didn't do any cutting, although my side cladding is staying off and for the rear- I just drilled holes and zip tied it tight out the way. I rub lock 2 lock on the sway bar which is what it is. The only other thing I noticed was when on a sharp turn (most heard when turning left) but not at the full lock I hear a clicking type drap or binding (not the best description) that I can't figure where exactly is coming from. I'd like to investigate this further. Tt was only 1" total after it settled and cv don't seem to have extremes angle so I don't know (my steering pulls right, so I wonder if it's related to the same worn part)

Valas- did you tt also? It seemed there was a lot of cutting you went threw. When I put the 265/75 (which from my reading is technically considered a 31" but the specific tires I got are technically 31.9") I didn't do any cutting, although my side cladding is staying off and for the rear- I just drilled holes and zip tied it tight out the way. I rub lock 2 lock on the sway bar which is what it is. The only other thing I noticed was when on a sharp turn (most heard when turning left) but not at the full lock I hear a clicking type drap or binding (not the best description) that I can't figure where exactly is coming from. I'd like to investigate this further. Tt was only 1" total after it settled and cv don't seem to have extremes angle so I don't know (my steering pulls right, so I wonder if it's related to the same worn part)

I have 285/75/16

Might be that you need to change your rear end fluids. Mine did weird noise and chattering changed the fluid and its cured

Might be that you need to change your rear end fluids. Mine did weird noise and chattering changed the fluid and its cured

Chattering is a good description, but I hear it in the front (while turning)- you would still suggest to look at the rear (differential?)

285s- ok so you have a wider tread, that makes since then

Chattering is a good description, but I hear it in the front (while turning)- you would still suggest to look at the rear (differential?)

It may be your cladding that your catching.

Back