02 EB Explorer w/ DATC *NO* heat at all | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 EB Explorer w/ DATC *NO* heat at all

SidCharming

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limted
any suggestions where to go? I did DATC diagnostics test to get no results returned... however I used to have a right(Passenger) Blend door code... I'm not certain if I cleared the error code before. (that could be the problem? passenger blend door stops all heat from entering the cab?

I have the v6 and in need of heat... Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Frozen in MN!!!
:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any suggestions where to go? I did DATC diagnostics test to get no results returned... however I used to have a right(Passenger) Blend door code... I'm not certain if I cleared the error code before. (that could be the problem? passenger blend door stops all heat from entering the cab?

I have the v6 and in need of heat... Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Frozen in MN!!!
:dunno:

Do you have the auto climate controls or the ones you have to manually set? There is a little valve in the engine compartment that has a vacuum hose on it to basically decide how much it should operating or even open at all to allow heat in, mine exploded one winter on my 4.0 and it was a mess! Sometimes the hose falls off or they get brittle and break. Good luck! :D

After I saw my door wide open due to the vacuum door arm being broke off I pushed mine closed and wired it so fresh air door is always shut. Made a hell of a difference. There is a post on here on how to get the door shut. Mine is a 2002 limited.

Do you have the auto climate controls or the ones you have to manually set? There is a little valve in the engine compartment that has a vacuum hose on it to basically decide how much it should operating or even open at all to allow heat in, mine exploded one winter on my 4.0 and it was a mess! Sometimes the hose falls off or they get brittle and break. Good luck! :D

I have the auto climate controls.

With engine warmed up do both heater hoses leading to and from firewall get so hot you can't hold them? If so, you do have heat into the cabin. Yes, there is a vacuum controlled valve in the line controlling the coolant flow.

I have the auto climate controls.

Ok, most likely that little valve is going to be the issue, if you get a chance go check that little sucker out! Good luck! Hope you get some heat!

Back