Wanted - 03 EB 4.6L Condenser Bracket-Radiator Install Gone Wrong | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted 03 EB 4.6L Condenser Bracket-Radiator Install Gone Wrong

Parts or services wanted

mfitz725

03 EB 4x4 4.6l making it thru in NC
Reaction score
City, State
Albemarle NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Eddie Bauer 4.6L 4x4
While replacing the leaky radiator on my 03 Eddie I managed to drop the right side bracket that secures the condenser (secondary bracket) between the bulkhead and the bumper. It made a perfect landing somewhere in the deep dark confines of, I believe, the bumper. I can't seem to retrieve it with magnets or contortions of my hand and arm. To top it off, I also dropped a flashlight down the left side with an equal inability to retrieve.

I don't know how to retrieve either item short of removing the the bumper, something I have yet to determine how to do. The bumper on my 99 was easy...two nuts and it slid right off. I may be missing the obvious, if anyone knows, please pass that info to me.

I wondering if anyone has any similar experience removing the bumper or if anyone is parting out a vehicle that I could purchase said bracket. It's 50 miles to a Pull A Part yard, my local yard is an unbelievable nightmare with really uncaring employees (most everything there is over 15 years old). Plus, I'll have to borrow a vehicle to go anywhere while mine is down.
Pl
Pic is of the left one.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 54

Bumper comes off easy. Just follow the bolts.
Front off wheel shroud screws, two bolts behind front wheel shroud up top (end of bumper.)
A few underneath. Then it has these plastic tabs that go under the grill. Just lift up from the bottom once unbolted and it’ll come out.

[Sent from
Front off wheel shroud screws, two bolts behind front wheel shroud up top (end of bumper.)
A few underneath. Then it has these plastic tabs that go under the grill. Just lift up from the bottom once unbolted and it’ll come out.

QUOTE="Number4, post: 3829499, member: 226817"]
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll take look.

Back