• Register Today It's free!

03 explorer auto lamps?

wherwegoin

Reaction score
City, State
lansdale pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 eddie bauer
Just bought a 03 EB with a 4.6. Iam wondering if the head lamps are suppose to light up when the unlock button is pushed on the remote? The puddle lamps and interior lamps light up just no head lamps. When I hit the lock button the marker lights flash no head lamps. I have leased an 02 and a 05 and both trucks head lamps lit up when the unlock button was pushed. Any help would be great. The owners manual states nothing about the head lamps going on when the key remotes are used. Thankyou Darren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My '05 flashes the same lights that you would get on if you flipped the dash switch to the parking lamp position: marker lamps, fogs (if the switch is pulled out), tails, and dash lights. I have the auto-lamp system as well.

Puddle lamps and dome lamps do not turn on until I pull the door.

Welcome! :) I see no lights on mine... only the puddle lights and corners. But it's not an EB.

my mounty only the puddle lamps and interior lights turn on when i hit unlock, and when i lock it the parking lights and markers flash. All the other 3rd gen's i looked at had the same operation mode as my mounty.

Hm... interesting. I wonder if my keyless module isn't partly shot, since it doesn't turn on my puddles/dome lamps until I actually open the door.

However, I prefer it that way -- less chance somebody's going to pull the handle because they see lights on, and jack what they can (GPS, radar detector, radio if they have the time,etc)

Or...

Hm... interesting. I wonder if my keyless module isn't partly shot, since it doesn't turn on my puddles/dome lamps until I actually open the door.

However, I prefer it that way -- less chance somebody's going to pull the handle because they see lights on, and jack what they can (GPS, radar detector, radio if they have the time,etc)

You don't get to see some clown hiding down by your door or bumper until you open the door. I'd check it out, and if you get it fixed, you can remove the bulbs...;)

my mounty only the puddle lamps and interior lights turn on when i hit unlock, and when i lock it the parking lights and markers flash. All the other 3rd gen's i looked at had the same operation mode as my mounty.

My 04 XLT is like this.
Ive thought about trying to wire in a relay to have the park lights come on with the remote.

I did this in my 96. I used a pulse relay. Found a wire that was activated by the remote unlock in the rear drivers side panel. The pulse relay is basically a timed relay. It stays on for a set time. I set it so they stay on about the same time as the interior dome lights do when you remotely unlock the doors.

So when I unlock my truck as I walk up to it, the park lights come on for about 20 seconds.

Back