• Register Today It's free!

03 sport Trac brake light issue

Dead last D

Reaction score
City, State
Kamloops, bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello all, I am new to the site and love all the advice from all for my vehicle. I have gone from a ranger to a sport Trac. I have an issue with my 03 sport Trac. When I turn on e left signal light it blinks very fast and to me it needs a new bulb cause the turn signal and brake signal don't work on the left side. I checked the bulbs and they are all good. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. He lots on the right side all work fine and the third light works fine. Someone told me that it could be a bad ground but I have no idea how to find this. Does anyone have any ideas? All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think it would be good to go ahead and try a new bulb. They're only $5 and you can always return them if that's not your issue. This just happened to me in my F350 where it looked like the bulb was fine but low and behold a new bulb did the trick. I didn't think to test the old bulb for continuity with my meter.

If the fuse also tested good, I would think the ground is okay. Maybe wiring got pinched by the housing the last time a bulb was replaced and is rubbing against metal.

Back