04 explorer seems I'm not getting fuel!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 explorer seems I'm not getting fuel!!

Really ford

Reaction score
City, State
Madison ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer
Hi, 04 explorer 4.0 flex, through reading this forum and my problem which is sometimes she won't start. Sometimes keeping the pedal to the floor it will start but smells flooded. Sometimes this won't work, then if you open the fuel cap try again without pushing gas pedal it will start. Most of the time when you get it started rev it up abit and she's ok. When idling it drops down then picks up almost as it is breathing. Put it in gear sometimes it dies sometimes it won't. Restart and push on brake rev up slightly then put in gear, once in gear peel out and then seems fine. Sometimes will die while slowing down to stop but if you push on the brake and slightly on the gas it will stay running. May be days later before it does it again may not. Have replaced fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail and filter. After fuel rail replace it was fine for about three to four weeks then slowly came back, fuel filter was about 2 days. Fuel cap light has been on, replace cap but didn't change anything. Seems that I'm either not getting enough pressure or fuel to the motor. Figured change fuel pump next then regulator would be next. Any more thought?? Thanks Scott. Vin # 1fmzu73k94ub50653

Welcome! Almost sounds like a pressure issue, take it to your local mechanic and have him check it

Back