'05 Explorer Sport Trac K&N kit woes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'05 Explorer Sport Trac K&N kit woes

moomoocow

Reaction score
City, State
Beaumont, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac XLT
Hey guys.
I put a K&N intake (http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-2561) on my stock '05 Sport Trac a few months ago, and i've been consisitently getting a OBD II error code of saying that im running too rich. I've cleaned my MAF with electrical contact cleaner and tried running different fuel grades in addition to E85.
Does anyone know what causes this? I'm really confused about this problem, and it's bugging me enough that i've been considering having a shop tune my ECU to fix the AFR.
Any help is apreciated.

I doubt the code is related to your K&N, I'm running a K&N FIPK on my 4.0 SOHC and have had zero CEL's thrown because of it.

I'm not a technician or anything like that, but it just doesn't make sense, but again I'm no expert.

Check out James Henson's site, shoot him a message from there and ask him about it. He's a recognized vendor for this site.

I don't know how this could happen either, K&N designed the intake for my engine, so obviously it's been tested...
I'm not sure what's wrong, but i was wondering if anyone else had had this problem and knew how to fix it.

Back