06 v8 transmission problem - or not. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 v8 transmission problem - or not.

mb02020

Reaction score
City, State
marshfield, ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 eddie bauer v8
i have an 06 explorer v8 2wd with about 67,000 miles. every time when we slow down to a stop, the car does a shutter or more like it feel like someone bumped into you from behind. if you stop hard it doesnt happen. it feels like a hard down shift into first, but idk what it is. everything else works fine. no hard shifts when accelerating. does anyone else have this problem or know of a remedy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm having this same problem, is there a cliff notes version of that thread? lol I only have 21k on my mountaineer and really need to get this solved. plan on driving cross country in a few weeks

i'm having this same problem, is there a cliff notes version of that thread? lol I only have 21k on my mountaineer and really need to get this solved. plan on driving cross country in a few weeks

Most often it's a simple reprogramming that takes care of it. There are some cases where a mechtronic unit or various other parts have been replaced but I'm not convinced any of it was necessary since those were early attempts by Ford to fix the problem.

Back