• Register Today It's free!

07 eddie bauer 4.0 transmission

stevenalmon76

Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 ford explorer ediie ba
i have made a post before about my 07 4.0 transmission issues. i bought this explorer because the transmission had been replaced previously.bought it paid 4000.00 for it and drove it 40 miles from home and the trans had catastrophic transmission failure due to the cooler thats built into the radiator failing and flooding the transmission with coolant.i had the transmission rebuilt the radiator replaced etc. about 14000 miles later the rebuild took a crap as well.my mechanic took it to his shop figured out it didnt flood this time just took a crap. so i bit the bullet and bought a remanufactured at auto zone.my mechanic installed it for free and i diddnt have any issues for a while.then it started acting like the other trans when it went out. we put our heads together and figured it was the shift cable and or shifter so i replaced them borh with genuine ford parts.a few months have passed now its acting up again i adjusted the linkage about a week ago and now its on its way out again.how in the world can this thing tear up four transmissions.im not repairing it again its almost a total loss. has anyone had a similar experience my current theory is that it was wrecked on the dealer lot before anyone bought it.i found yellow grease pen with a date one month after it was built.

Back