09 Eddie Bauer Rear A/C Blender/Diverter Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

09 Eddie Bauer Rear A/C Blender/Diverter Not Working

merlin3e9

Reaction score
City, State
Ramstein Germany
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hi everyone,

New member here. I have a 2009 Eddie Bauer Explorer and I'm having some issues with my read A/C not working correctly. The front A/C works fine, so no issues there. My rear A/C only blows cold air out of the roof vents. Won't switch to the floor and won't get hot.

Based on what I've read, the blender door is bad, but what I'm not sure how many blender doors are there for the rear A/C? Is there one to switch between roof & floor and another for temperature? Or one that controls everything???

I've looked on various websites, but trying to find the right blender door for the rear A/C is proving tough.

Thanks in advance
Jason

There are two actuators (motors) back there one for the blend (temp) and one for the mode (floor or roof vents) the actuators aren't that expensive so replace both while you're doing it. I don't know the part numbers for sure but they usually run less than $50 per actuator and use Ford parts I've had mixed results with aftermarket ones.

There are two actuators (motors) back there one for the blend (temp) and one for the mode (floor or roof vents) the actuators aren't that expensive so replace both while you're doing it. I don't know the part numbers for sure but they usually run less than $50 per actuator and use Ford parts I've had mixed results with aftermarket ones.
Awesome, thank you! I was pretty sure there were two, but not certain. Yes, plan to use Motorcraft parts. I've also had mixed results with cheap aftermarket parts. Most of the time, cheaper isn't always better

Back