• Register Today It's free!

1977 Ford F-350 project design

everythintech

Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Well i thought i would take the time to share with you my new project. I am going to buy a 1977 Ford F-350, not sure when, this is still in the planning stages.

Specs:

1977 Ford F-350 Crew Cab
7.3L twin turbo (banks) diesel out of a newer 00-present ford
Lowered to sit nicely on some 20s
All black with chrome accents
Dual 5" exhaust turned down right at bumper hieght so you dont see it
Air bags to level the back during haulling
Fifth wheel setup
Newer interior, with custom fiberglassed dashboard with all digital gauges
Manual transmission
Dana 60 rear axle
Maybe ifs front

Well this is just the beginning of a lonnnnng project. This will be the first project of Downey Mud and Street, a business i plan to start. Im sure i will have the truck done before i start my business, but it will be my beginning showpiece of my detailed work. My family has a long history of building custom cars, but nothing to this extent, most are classic rebuilds with bigger isanely powered engines. My shop will cater to those who want everyday driveability out of detailed customs.

Thanks for reading and if you have any trick ideas, or inputs just let me know. I plan on taking my time and am not rushed to complete what so ever. Just a taste of what to look out for. Oh yeah the purpose, to tow my ex to where ever i go, once the One link is done, it wont be too streetable.

this is the truck
fb_1_b.jpg

this is the style
oof350.jpg

All you older guys remember the old school haulers that you see, real big in the later 80s. Thats what i am going for. no it wont be a dually, but you can see the general style i want.

everything sounds good, though, have you considered using a modded 6.0 with the torqueshift? assuming you can get the whole harness. cause if your going twins your gunna be shifting gears every 2 seconds, an auto would be much nicer with upwards of 600hp or whatever your gunna be pushing. the only other thing i recommend is not dumping the exhaust anywhere but away from the truck (side swept tips or straight out the back), cause you will be cleanin black soot off your bumper every 5 mins. this is all my own opinion though. good luck! cant wait to see it evolve! :thumbsup:

i appreciate your interest. No i havent considered that yet, and i probably would go auto now that i really think about it. My only want for the exhaust right there is i want it kinda steathy. But i guess you really cant hide a monster diesel, but since i wanted low, that tucks the exhaust away too. Im not sure yet.

Back