spork1o1

Reaction score
KOEO codes

14 engine rpm signal fault or PIP circuit failure

29 insufficient input from vehicle speed sensor

41 oxygen sensor circuit indicates system always lean

66 mass air flow sensor circuit below minimum voltage

95 fuel pump secondary circuit failure

when truck was running it had no OD and no lockup, I replaced the VSS on the speedo cable but still get code 29.

the last time I tried to drive it, it kept stalling. Had low fuel pressure. I figured it was a bad pump so the truck was parked, (this was late April and snow was gone so I got the summer car out of storage 1972 Maverick)
It's now time to fix the truck. I installed a new sender and pump. I went with the complete unit a the fuel gage did not work, (still don't).
The truck started but ran like crap. figured it had air in the line, so I took it for a drive. The engine ran but would cut out (not a stumble like running out of gas but like turning the key off and on) I got it home.
Next day went to start it but had no spark.
so I replaced the crankshaft position sensor, Now it has spark but still won't start. Once in a wile it will try to start but will stall when I let go of the key.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the fuel pressure? When was the last time the spark plugs & cables were replaced? Did you change the fuel filter, and the fuel pressure regulator? Did you check the continuity of the inertia switch? Did you ever replace the fuel pump relay, and the PCM relay?

new plugs new wires replaced the pcm relay, fuel pump relay, and the third relay as well whatever it was for. cleaned all the ground wires I could find. Still wont start
As for the fuel filter that was replaced just before the pump was.
If I squirt gas in to the intake the engine will start then die.

How do I test to see if the injectors are getting power?

I did some searching of the forum ang found this

Voltage drop test -
set meter on 2v scale,
place RED lead on TPS ground and BLACK lead on NEG battery terminal.
Turn key to RUN.
max reading should be no more than 0.05v.
if higher you have resistance in ground circuit.
check and clean ground connections.

TPS wires witch one is the ground for this test?
mine test as:
gray-white stripe .03 to .04
gray-red stripe .03 to .04
brown-white stripe 5.01

It runs

don't know why or how but it runs
had good fuel pressure new pump
had spark
no gas from the injectors
would run for short time on starting fluid.

I found the fuel pump test wire on the eec test plug short side.
used a jumper wire to ground it to the battery so the pump would run all the time then tried to start and it did.
while it was running I unplugged the jumper and it stayed running.
Turned off the key and then tried to start again and it did.

cle is on with all the same codes as the first post. and yes I did reset them.

1991 ranger i got kinda the same problem

man this truck is starting to peve me off i got it to run at a idle and when i put it in drive it stalls out and dies not building fuel pressure i cant seam to find prob if you guys could help that would be great

well its gose up and down but if it gets pressure it wont hold it and i took of fuel filter thinking it was pluged but it had full flow the i flip the key on to see if pump kicked on im getting mad im gonna keep at it though its a relly nice truck and i love it so i want it to run

ok got it there was a fuel leak at the back of the rail just pooling up finally started to drip down after about 30 mins of cranking some idiot was beating it with a hammer

Back