1991 XL 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 XL 4x4

My rig in Reader's Digest form:

1991 XL 4x4, 267,000 km.

Engine rebuilt 2 yrs ago, prior to me buying. Here's what's done now:

31x10.5x15 ETS Trail Masters <- Wicked, and cheeeeap.
Hella 500's
Trucklite 55w driving lamps (my first mod, I'm so proud)
Pioneer 50x4 MOSFET cd
Sylvania Xtravision headlamps
Brute Force u-joints
Warn manual hubs
Drilled Airbox
AC Delco plugs
New sending unit (I have a gas guage again!)

Here's what's still to come:

Bodywork (first and foremost, cause fords rust...)
4" Rough Country susp. lift
3" Body lift
Warrior Shackles
BW 13-54 Manual T-case
33x12.5x15's
Steel Rock crawler rims (Alloys are bent baaaaad)
Paint
Lockers
Other asst. stuff

I tinker with this rig on a daily basis. I also drive it everyday. Couldn't be happier, I love my Xploder and wouldn't sell it or trade it for anything short of a mint 85 Fiero GT (my first ride was a fiero 2m4 w/2.8L, I still have a thing for fiero's)

Anybody have any other ideas as to things I can mod to make this thing unstoppable? :)

Phil B.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the best forum out there! There's a ton of information available here. :)

Originally posted by snocross1985
Welcome to the best forum out there! There's a ton of information available here. :)

Hehe, I know, that's why I'm broke and my truck looks like a mini monster truck... :) As soon as I got the X I went searching for places to get info and came across this site, just forgot to join for a few months, kept reading up and modding happily and here I am one poor sumbitch but with a fun toy that'll easily park on a Civic... :)

Just wanna say thanks guys, you're always helpful and usually pretty quick about it, kick ass. I'll help anybody out when I can, since I have limited backyard mechanic skills, and kudos to Rick on a wicked site. This is officially my favorite site on the internet now... :)

Hey, another Canadian joins. :cool: Welcome (albeit a little late).
Future thing to consider is a power upgrade. 66mm throttle body, 70mm mass air sensor, KKM cold air intake, computer chip and free-er (is that a word?) flowing muffler. You'll notice quite a difference.
8811bubbles.gif

Welcome to the site fellow Canadian!

Welcome my Canadian Brethren.

Back