• Register Today It's free!

1993 Aerostar clunking.

Trapper14

Reaction score
City, State
Horseheads, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xl 2dr
My mom has been hearing some clunking in the front passenger side of her van, its like a clunking noise, and sounds pretty nasty. I heard it and can seem to come to a conclusion, Could it be the bushings holding the front suspension? or something else? I am totally lsot when it comes to aerostar so please help me! btw

aerostar
eletronic 4wd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When is the cluncking ocurring: When going over bumps (-> problems might be suspension, bushings) or more in connection with accelerating, coasting (-> halfshafts, front diff as I can see it's a awd)?

Don't be lost. A vehicle is basicly a vehicle, no matter if it comes with a Aerostar or Explorer body. Systematics of how to track down a problem are the same, and also most mechanical parts are similar, even though they might look a little different ;)

well after a closer inpestion, the bottom shock mount has broken! well at least the stud, I wanna yell at ford so much because they made it so the bolts are mounted into the arm, rather then just being through it.

thanks for replying.

That was fast. Good job!

glad we could help! (eventhough we really diddnt ;) )

Back