1993 Aerostar. Column shift issue. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Aerostar. Column shift issue.

kborsch

Reaction score
City, State
central OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 aerostar
Hello all,

Came here for help and hopefully maybe help someone else out. I have put lots of hours into keeping my '93 Aerostar running the last 8 years. Been a great work van. I would buy another if they still made them.
This one I need help with and my manuel says nothing about it. I was in line at the gas station and suddenly could not shift into reverse or park. I know there is a lockout system. a couple years ago my shifter mechanisum broke but I was able to get a better replacement at the boneyard and installed it with no problems, hooked everything up, ran great until now. I don't believe the shifter went out again because it still shifts into the first 4 forward gears and nuetral. Something won't let me continue the shifter up to park and reverse after I have pulled the shifter forward towards me. I already typed into search feature a few different lines but nothing comes up. Appreciate any help and thanks in advance. Kerry

Back