1993 Explorer Already lifted, looking for more. TTB questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Explorer Already lifted, looking for more. TTB questions

norcal925

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer Xlt
Hey Guys! i looked around and couldnt find any threads similar to this or with the info i needed so here we go. I have a 1993 Ex with 31" duratracs and the Skyjacker 1.5-2 inch lift. I want to put the f150 spring seats under these coils and possibly go to a bigger tire. (my friend has a set of 33's lying around) i have the 3.73 gears with limited slip as well.
SO, the big question is, will i have enough room on the TTB camber bolts to accomodate the lift with the spring seats? or will i need a drop bracket for 4 inches? I was also planning on putting on the WAR153 shackles to match up the front and back.
any info would be awesome at this point.
also, im getting it realligned its starting to pull right, but im going to ask them to check how much more adjustment there is in the bolts, if they give me degree's is it possible to tell if i will need the drop brackets or not?
Thanks
Zac

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have level ing coils and warrior 153 shackles on my ex and I am running 33 inch mud terrains with only minor trimming on the fenders. The tires are mounted on 15x8 wheels with 4.5 inches of back spacing. Even with that my alignment is off with the stock camber bushings. My guess is you won't be able to align it.

You will need drop brackets, the camber adjusters, a new dropped pitman arm to correct your steering and then a alignment.

I have level ing coils and warrior 153 shackles on my ex and I am running 33 inch mud terrains with only minor trimming on the fenders. The tires are mounted on 15x8 wheels with 4.5 inches of back spacing. Even with that my alignment is off with the stock camber bushings. My guess is you won't be able to align it.
what length are the coils? But okay, o habe 15x8 wheels but i think i have 3.75 backspace. Also what gears do you have for the 33'smath will i be okay with the 3.73 gears?.

skyjacker makes a really nice 2" lift spring for the explorer. I used it for a while and it rode really nice. The wheels you have with 3.75 bs will work with a 33x10.5, a 33x12.5 will probably rub unless you do some trimming. 33's and 3.73's will work. I ran that setup for two years and had plenty of power, however, I do not drive fast anyways.

skyjacker makes a really nice 2" lift spring for the explorer. I used it for a while and it rode really nice. The wheels you have with 3.75 bs will work with a 33x10.5, a 33x12.5 will probably rub unless you do some trimming. 33's and 3.73's will work. I ran that setup for two years and had plenty of power, however, I do not drive fast anyways.

I love the skyjacker springs. I found a 4 inch pro comp kit on craigslist for 200. That you might buy, do you know what those springs feel like?
But should i get 4.5 backspace wheels for the 33's then keep my 31's for just normal driving?

I dont know what the pro comp springs are like. I'd think they would be at least a better riding spring than stock. I would keep the wheels with the 3.75" bs to keep some of the stress off the wheel bearings.

I dont know what the pro comp springs are like. I'd think they would be at least a better riding spring than stock. I would keep the wheels with the 3.75" bs to keep some of the stress off the wheel bearings.

Thats what im thinking too. I mean hey im only spending $200. Wish i had the time and money to do an sas though. But okay sounds good. Ill probably end up running the 31'stime anyway due to the terrible city milage i already get.

Back