1995 Mazda B2300 heater control valve location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Mazda B2300 heater control valve location

Ajbroom

Reaction score
City, State
New Denver, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995, Mazda B2300 standar
The heater stopped working (intermittently I do get some heat) on my 1995 B2300 (without a/c). It has a slider control for heat which seems to work fine I can feel it actuate the blend door through the glove box. I understand it is likely to be the heater control valve failing but I can't find it. Would appreciate any pointers on how to locate and replace it. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Not a good time of year to be in Canada without a heater!
My Haynes repair manual for 93-97 Rangers has no mention of a heater control valve.
Here’s a shot of what it has about heater control. Maybe take a look at the vacuum line and motor coming in at the lower right in pic?
CBD6BBC8-F3F7-43C2-8C6C-7B84F44FC661.jpeg

Also, here’s a thread that does mention valve, on a 97, same generation as your 95...

The heater stopped working (intermittently I do get some heat) on my 1995 B2300 (without a/c). It has a slider control for heat which seems to work fine I can feel it actuate the blend door through the glove box. I understand it is likely to be the heater control valve failing but I can't find it. Would appreciate any pointers on how to locate and replace it. Thanks

Welcome to the forum! Not a good time of year to be in Canada without a heater!
My Haynes repair manual for 93-97 Rangers has no mention of a heater control valve.
Here’s a shot of what it has about heater control. Maybe take a look at the vacuum line and motor coming in at the lower right in pic?View attachment 324545

Thanks for your help, yes it is cold here without the heater working. It blows cold air 99% of the time since last week. I looked at the vacuum hose under the dash and all seems good but will look closer tomorrow.
The heater control valves they sell all have 4 hose connections and I only have 2 hoses to the heater core - perhaps there isn't one if there is no AC?

Could it be the heater control module?

Back