P0455 Code-Purge Control Valve Location 3.5 Ecoboost | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0455 Code-Purge Control Valve Location 3.5 Ecoboost

Big Sky

Reaction score
City, State
Billings, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
My Explorer Sport is throwing the P0455 code and from what I can gather it is the Purge Control Valve. For the life of me I cannot find it on the internet or under the hood based on images and description. Does anyone know where it is located?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Explorer Sport is throwing the P0455 code and from what I can gather it is the Purge Control Valve. For the life of me I cannot find it on the internet or under the hood based on images and description. Does anyone know where it is located?
Try checking the gas cap.

Have a look at this;

Peter

I cleared the codes and it was clear for about a week and now I got a P0456 which means a bad gas cap or something else in that area. I talked to the Ford dealer and they said they have to do some kind of pressurized smoke test to determine which part of the emission system is bad.

All the threads are pretty old and I have a 2017 base. replaced the fuel fiiler assembly since mine is capless. almost $700 into it and no joy. Tested the valve at the intake and it seems to be OK. Next its under the car for the canister valve. Anyone see this in an explorer later than 2016? If so, what was the final solution?

It's far mare effective to smoke test it and find the actual leak than it is to guess.

All the threads are pretty old and I have a 2017 base. replaced the fuel fiiler assembly since mine is capless. almost $700 into it and no joy. Tested the valve at the intake and it seems to be OK. Next its under the car for the canister valve. Anyone see this in an explorer later than 2016? If so, what was the final solution?
Your thread was merged with this one. It doesn't matter how old a thread is because when you add to it the thread moves back to the front of the line and it may contain helpful info.

Peter

Back