1997 2 door sport with a sagging rear end. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 2 door sport with a sagging rear end.

ww9719ww

Reaction score
City, State
Shingle Springs CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 sport
Hay everyone,I finally have a chance to say high and already have a question. This 2dr sport with a v6 that I have,has only one single leaf in the rear.It's saging a little and I was wondering what kind of upgrades there might be to beef it up.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can do shackles or aal (add-a-leaf) but you have to double check on whether or not you can do it to the monoleafs....i think it can only be done on the 4dr leaves as opposed to the sports...im looking at dooing a swap to 4dr leaves and aal with shackles this spring.

Swapping to a 4-door Explorer leafpack would be most common way to get some more spring back there...

Swapping to a 4-door Explorer leafpack would be most common way to get some more spring back there...

as well there will be a noticeable difference in the ride. it will firm it up tons, and get rid of the "wiggle" effect as well.

i just did a 4dr leaf pack swap tonight and it leveled me out almost perfect. ride is muchly improved now too

Does the 4dr leaf spring have to be the same year or generation as the vehicle it will be going on. I have a 1998 sport and I also have rear end sag. I also tow a light boat a lot and have wanted to fix this issue.

Does changing for the 4dr springs make the rear to stiff?

I highly recommend ARB Dakar Leaf Springs.

ARB OME DAKAR LEAF SPRINGS PART NO: CS042R is what I am running.

Back