1997 Aerostar. Purge solenoid valve. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Aerostar. Purge solenoid valve.

jimbo1462

Reaction score
City, State
Dubois, Wy
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Aerostar 4 whee
How about parts for a 1997 Aerostar 4x4 extended van? I need a couple of fender badges that signify 4 wheel drive, also help in locating the purge sensor for return gas vapors from the gas tank. Have a new sensor, don't know where its located on the vehicle........thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the Aerostar section. The solenoid is located near the evaporative charcoal canister tank in the front under the air cleaner box. A lot of times the rubber elbow breaks, so the issue might be caused by the vacuum lines, and not the solenoid valve.

in the 1997 it is located under the air filter box, so the air filter box and intake tube must be removed for access. Then you can see the charcoal canister and the two valves connected by vacuum lines and electrical connectors.

Thanks and kudu's to BrooklynBay

Thanks for the help, I will now be able to find and repair it so my check engine light can go back to sleep.

Thank you too, Jose A.!!

codes

I'm sorry, I forgot to write it down, but when I put the code reader on it, two codes showed up, one for the purge valve and the second was for the upstream oxygen sensor, which I have already replaced. I cleared the codes. Jim

Back