1997 Explorer Sport...what wiring harness/dash kit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Explorer Sport...what wiring harness/dash kit?

njtstang11

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
First, sorry. I know you guys hate these threads. Tried searching and didn't have any luck for my specific model, and want to make sure I'm right.

The car is a 1997 Ford Explorer Sport. I don't think is premium sound as I haven't seen a subwoofer in there and it is only AM/FM/Cassette.

Just picked up a new Panasonic CD player and can't find which harness/kit for my application. Harnesses just seem to say 12/16 pin, and don't identify which models they fit. Dash kits, certain ones say 95+ but not sports, some say 96-97 but no sports, found 2000-2002 sports, just cant locate exact one.

Again sorry to bother you guys, but what dash kit and harness do I need for my application and where could I find them both at? Thanks

Oh and for those interested, I also just picked up a 15" IA Death Penalty that will be getting 1600 or so rms daily :salute:

kit: Metra Electronics Corp. 99-5802

harness: Metra Electronics Corp. 70-5600

or go to best buy and ask for a 550 dash kit and a (listed above) 70-5600 wiring harness

Back